The Day That Changed It All - A One Direction FanFic

---- Hey guys! This is my second story here. It has no relation to Deeper - A Larry Stylinson Love Story. This isn't a slash. This is more what i'd like to write about. So I really hope you enjoy. And yes in this story they are One Direction and famous. Whoo. Okay enjoy!----

Chapter 1

"I just.. Just don't know what to do anymore"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean i'm sick of being alone all the time. I don't have close friends and I just can't trust anyone. I'm on the brink of giving up fully."
"You know you can always talk to us here. You don't need to give up"
"I know.. But how can I seriously believe you when I'm constantly alone. I sit alone at school. I'm always alone in my room. I don't even talk to my mum anymore. I miss that. But I feel like I worry her when I talk to her.. I think it would be better if I just wasn't here anymore!"

Keri, my social worker, sighed "Look Elizabeth, you're a beautiful, amzaing, talented girl. We can all see that. Your so mature and smart. You should know better. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, you're blocking everyone out when they're actually trying to reach you?"

I thought about that for a moment. "Maybe your right..."

"I know I am Liz, please just try talk to your mum. Your probably worrying her more by not talking to her. Please?"
"Yeah ok.."
"Thank you. I'll see you on wednesday then?"
"Yeah, see ya then Keri"
"Bye Lizzy"

I walked through the doors of the physc ward, or the slaughter house, as I liked to call it, and pulled out my IPod. The screen was cracked but I couldn't be bothered getting a new one, it was fine as it was. Sorta. I pressed play and Ed Sheeran - Autumn Leaves started playing. I loved this song but hated it at the same time. It always got me, but Ed was so great at making sad songs sound so lovely and nice. As Ed's voice played through my headphones I started my way home. I liked walking. For some reason it made me feel nice, happy even. I could think while I walked. I started thinking about what Keri and I had talked about today in my session. 

Maybe she was right about me blocking everyone out. I did trust her, more than I was comfortable with, so it was hard not to believe her. But I was so stubbourn that I just couldn't. I went to go put my hair out of my eyes, when the sun glinted off of my skin. I looked at my wrists. The scars sat there happily staring at me. Taunting me. It was horrible. I remember the day my mum found out I had them.

"How could you have done that to yourself?!?!?!?!"
"Mum please, you don't understand!"
"No I don't Elizabeth! I don't! Try explain it to me!"
"Mum i'm not happy! Can't you tell. I don't know why I did it! It just happened!"
"It can't just happen! What were you thinking!?!?"
"I dunno mum..."
"How can you not know?!?! You must know"
I lost it then. I just broke down in tears. She wasn't making me feel great. It was making me feel worse.
"Hunny.. If you weren't feeling alright, you could of talked to me.." My mother tried soothing me. But I wouldn't listen. I just ran off to my room. That day my mum rang up the slaughter house and thats when I met Keri.

Tears glistened on my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly before anyone could see. I needed to be strong. Otherwise i'd just be weak and I wouldn't get through this.

-------------------------------------------------------

I walked through the door of my home. My mum was out. Probably at my Grandparents house. I did love my family and I hated hurting them like this. So I decided i'd actually do something for them tonight. I went into the wash house and got out the duster and went around my home dusting things. I liked cleaning. It had the same effect that walking did. After i was done cleaning I went into my room to chuck on some old clothes so I could do some cooking and baking. As I walked past my full length mirror on my wall I looked at myself. To be rather honest I wasn't half bad to look at. I had long brown hair that I had straightened that day otherwise my hair was just a mess, I had nice full curves, my mum said I had an hourglass figure, and I really did like my eyes and lips. Thats why I would wear a bit of eye make-up and would constantly be putting on lipgloss. Keri helped me notice these things about me. She really was great. I turned around and my wall caught my eye.

You see, I was really into music. I really liked Ed Sheeran and Olly Murs. But I Really liked One Direction. They made me happy. They made me look at the good things in life. Their carfree way of dealing with things made me hopeful that maybe I could be like that one day. I loved them all so much. I had quite i big soft spot for them. Before the depression really  kicked in I had been to two of their concerts and I had been to one of their signings. I remember when I got home that night I couldn't stop fangirling to my mum. I missed that...

Just then I was pulled out of my trance by the phone ringing. I chucked on my old Areosmith top and my jeans and ran downstairs to pick up the phone. It was mum.

"Hey, I was hoping you'd be home. I'm just going to go see your aunty. I'll be home around six."
"Hey, yeah that's cool. Invite them around. And nana and granddad. I've cleaned up a bit and I wanted to make dinner for you all."
"Oh hun, that's sweet. Okay well i'll see you then, then. Bye, I love you"
"Love you too"

And she hung up. I could tell she was happy that I was making an effort. It actually made me feel good too. Okay so it was 1 now. I had 6 hours until they would be over. I went into our kitchen and opened up the pantry door. I pulled out the chocolate cake mix and began making the cake.

----- HEEEY! I really hoped you all liked it! This story does mean a bit to me.. So ya know. Vote, comment! And the next chappie should be up soon! - Kathleen -----