Chapter 5

Most smiles are started by another smiles and that's what happened to me that morning. My smile was still obviously plastered on face when I walked down the stairs after I received a smiley emoji from Whatsapp message that Ranbir sent to me. I don't know why but its really gave me these positives vibes to start my day. I sat on the couch besides my Mum and put my phone on the table.

"Mum, don't you miss Dad ?" I said while hugged my Mum who was so busy doing her work using the laptop. My dad went to Ireland for his business meeting for two months and trust me, I really miss him !

"He Face-Time me everyday, Deepika." replied my Mum, with absolute relax.

"That's so sweet." said Anisha from the kitchen. She was making her coffee.

"I know right." smiled Mum before continued, "Will you do me a favour, Deepika ?"

"Yeah, why not."

"Shabana Aunty will held a ramp walk for her Mijwan Welfare Society and she asked me whether you can be the showstopper, so will you do it ?" asked Mum as she holds my hands.

"Yeah, sure. Since I'm so free during this semester break." I smiled.

"Okay, then. I'll inform her about this and bring your boyfriend too, okay."

"Okay. Wait, what ? Boyfriend ?"

"Yeah, your boyfriend. Anisha told me about it. What is his name ? Oh, yeah ! Ranbir.." smiled my Mum.

"Anisha ?!" I said and turned to look at Anisha who was about to approaching us. She was drinking her coffee and surprised when she realised that she was caught guilty for telling everything to Mum. I'm surely going to kill this girl.

"Urmm, I think I need more sugar." excused Anisha before she ran back to the kitchen after I gave her a furious look.

"Don't get mad at her. Don't you think I should be mad at you, Deepika ?" said Mum.

"But, Mum ..I'm not ..I mean ..there's nothing like that .." I excused.

"Really ? Then, can you explain about this post ? I got it from Kriti's Facebook." said Mum while passed me her phone.

It was a video of me and Ranbir. We were dancing on a stage. Remember when I was dancing with Ranbir to rehearse the spotlight cue for the theatre play ? How can I don't know that Kriti posted it on her Facebook ?! Good job, my bestie. And her "look at the cutie-pie adorable couple" caption with three love emoji and hashtag 'look at their eyes'. What a way to mesmerise these undeclared situations, bestie !

"Both of you look cute together." said Mum.

"Yeah ..." I said before I've realised that it was absolutely not the right answer and continued, "I mean, no."

"You don't think both of you look cute together, Deepika ?" asked Mum.

"No. I mean, yes. I mean .."

"I'm your mother, Deepika. Don't lie to me. I know you and right now, I can tell that you're in a state of love." said Mum, casually.

"It's nothing like that, Mum. We haven't declared anything yet."

"Then when are you planning to tell him ?"

"Mum, he's a guy so obviously he should make the first step."

"I know but sometimes girl should make the first step because sometimes boy are just so stupid to even realised what his heart wants."

"I know, Mum but ...no."

"Okay, as long as you happy. Now go and call him to confirm about the ramp walk."

"Yes and ask him to propose you, Dee." interrupted Anisha as she sat besides Mum.