Chapter 7

Good times, crazy friends and amazing memories. That's college life. I don't want to be sentimental but I couldn't control myself when I realised that today is my last day as a student. Even though college is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by airplane, I must admit that I will miss my college time. I was at the cafe and observed my surrounding for the last time before Kriti sit besides me.

"My God, it's our last day ! Finally we're done with exams." said Kriti.

"Yeah..." I said.

"What's wrong, babe ?" asked Kriti, as she pushed my shoulder.

"Nothing. I'm just... I'm going to miss all this craziness, drama, you..."

"Awww, don't worry. I'll make sure that you're not going to miss me, Deepika."

"Are you sure ? What about your pumpkin ?"

"Don't worry. I'll make him become a pumpkin juice if he ever try to break our friendship." said Kriti before we laughed. Then, Sushant approached us and sit besides Kriti.

"So, all exam is finished ?" asked Sushant.

"Stop mocking us, okay. We know photography student's exams already finished two days ago..." sulked Kriti.

"I'm just asking, baby." said Sushant before both of them started their lovey-dovey drama.

"Sushant, have you seen Ranbir ?" I asked Sushant. I've never seen him since the exams weeks started. Actually, it has been a month since the last time we met. I do miss him but I can't let it disturbed my study.

"Ranbir ? Oh, yeah ! I almost forget to tell you, Deepika. Ranbir wants to meet you at the usual place. He asked me to tell you like that so don't ask me where did he mean by usual place, okay." said Sushant.

I was listening to Sushant when suddenly my phone buzzed. I received a WhatsApp message from Ranbir.

'Have Sushant told you anything ?
I'll wait for you at our usual place. Central Park.'

A sudden wide smile appeared on my face before I left, obviously with James.

                                           *****
I went out from the car and my eyes quickly locked onto a figure that I guess have become a special figure in my life after my family. I missed him. In fact, I missed him a lot. Ranbir turned around and smiled at me. I've read that the best feeling in the world is when you look at that special person and they are already smiling at you. Even I had the same smile on my face while approached him.

"Hey." I smiled. Ranbir smiled at me without uttered anything before he held my hands and pulled me closer to him. Then, he put my hands on his shoulder while he encircled his hands on my waist.

"Dance with me ?" asked Ranbir and I agreed without any doubt.

We were dancing together without any music. It just us and the wind. My heart keep telling me to tell him the truth. The truth that I love him so much but I'm afraid. I'm afraid of losing him if he don't have the same feelings for me. I still had those blushing smile plastered on my face when he suddenly said,

"I'm leaving."

His words are enough to break my heart. It's strikes right into my heart and makes my smiles slowly fade away.

"I'm going to Greece. I will live with my uncle."

"Oh." I said as I looked on the ground. I don't have any courage to look into his eyes. Ranbir will leave me.

"I'll stay there...forever." said Ranbir before put his thumbs on my chin to lift my face and continued, "I... I'll miss you."

I don't reply his words as I was trying to control my tears.