Chapter 14

Oftentimes we say goodbye to the person we love without wanting to. Though that doesn't mean that we've stopped loving them or we've stopped to care. Sometimes, we say goodbye because we need some spaces between each other to understand everything that happened in our life. Sometimes, goodbye is a painful way to say I love you.

"Papa, you're not going to stay with us ?" questioned Tara while pulled Ranbir's hands.

"No, princess. I have some works to do." answered Ranbir after he crouched to talk with Tara. He tried consoled Tara from sulked by hugging and tickles her but Tara just being a pampered little girl.

"Hey, don't worry. Papa will come and visit you every weekend, princess. And I'll bring your favourite ice cream then we can have some photoshoot at the beach. Okay ?" said Ranbir while cupped his daughter's face. Tara nodded her head but it's obvious that she still don't want her father to leave.

"Okay now show Papa your dimples, princess." I said as I crouched and held Tara. She listened to my request and gave a peck on Ranbir's cheek before she hugged him.

"Granny..." said Tara while get inside the house. I just keep looking at her to make sure she's entered the house safely.

"Okay, bye." Ranbir's voice triggered me and make me turned to him.

"What ?"

"I have to go now."

"Urmm, don't you want to come inside ?"

I don't know what kind of questions was that when I've just realised that Ranbir have stayed at my parents house for three hours after he brought us there. Stupid question !

"I've just come out from the house." confused Ranbir.

"Oh, yeah..." I said while nodded my head.

"Are you okay ?" asked Ranbir.

"Yeah." I nodded my head again.

"I'm going to Greece and stay with Uncle Raj. If anything just give me a call, okay ?" ensured Ranbir. I nodded my head again. I don't have anything to say when suddenly I feel reluctance. Then, Ranbir continued by asking, "Are you really okay ?"

"Yeah, it just... I hope I can remember everything." I sighed.

"It's okay..." said Ranbir before he kissed my forehead and then, when he looked into my eyes, he continued, "Just give some times, everything is going to be fine."

Then, he left me. He was so calm but I still feel guilty towards him. It was not easy for me, to forgive myself, to let him go.

                                           *****
I sat on the couch and looked at Tara. She was busy drawing and colouring something on the paper. I guess she loves arts. She tilted her head to left and right whenever she wanted to make sure that her drawings is perfect. Sometimes she lifted up her head, she looked at me and smiled before she winked at me. She's such a cutie !

"Deepika." approached Mum when she sat besides me.

"Yes, Mum."

"How long will stay here ?"

"I don't know, Mum."

"Do you had a fight with Ranbir ?"

"No, we didn't. Ranbir is very nice to me, Mum. I... I just need some spaces."

"Okay, I understand."

"Where's Dad and Anisha ?"

"Those two workaholics ? Don't ask. They should've been home by now but..." said Mum when suddenly Anisha's voice entered the hall.

"We're home. Oh my God, Dee !" said Anisha before she quickly jumped on the couch and hugged me tightly. Then, she pulled away and hugged Tara.

"Aunty, you're smells..." said Tara.

"Really ?" asked Anisha as she smells her outfits.

"She's teasing you, Anisha." laughed Dad after she sat on the couch behind Tara and kissed Tara's head.

"Tara..." said Anisha before she tickles Tara. Then, both of them laughed.

"You're stay here for how long, Deepika ?" asked Dad.

"I'm not sure."

"Oh, okay. Never mind, I'm going to take a bath and after that we can eat our dinner together." said Dad before he stood up and walked up the stairs.

"I'm going to fresh myself too. And you cupcake, you're going to sleep with me tonight okay ?" said Anisha to Tara.

"Okay, fatso." said Tara as she mimicked Anisha's voice. Mum and I just smiled while looking at them.

                                           *****
The worst guilt is when you forgotten the person that loves you the most. I still struggled to remember every bit of my life that I've spent with Ranbir before I've forgotten everything. I want to remember him. I want to care about him like the way he cares about me.

"Dee ?"

Anisha's voice interrupted my thought. I was standing alone at the balcony while letting the wind played with hair.

"Anisha."

"Are you okay, Dee ? You didn't talk so much during our dinner just now. Is everything okay ?"

"Yeah, everything just fine. I'm just not in the mood."

"Okay then. How's your memory ? Do you remember anything ?"

"That's why I come here, Anisha. Who knows I can remember anything when I'm stay here."

"Is Ranbir bhaiyaa okay with it ?"

"He understands me."

"Good. Okay, I want to go to my room now since Tara is already insides my room, I've promised her that we're going to have movie marathon until midnight so see you later, Dee."

"Okay, Anisha. Tell Tara I love her so much and don't sleep too late."

"Okay, Dee. And yeah..." said Anisha while she gave me two books that she took from my drawer near my bed.

"What is this ?"

"Your diary. Actually, diaries. You've asked me to keep it for you after you get married and now... I guess you need it back." said Anisha before she left away after I held the diaries. Then I sit on my bed and started to read the diaries. I randomly pick one of the diaries and randomly flipped to any pages of the diary but one thing caught my eyes,

'It is my wedding day, diary !'

"I think I should read from the beginning." I told myself even though the words 'wedding' really caught my attentions. I hope these diaries can really help me. Please, God.

P.S : How was the story so far ? And what say about the new cover ? I'm sorry for the late update.