Chapter 16

I was sitting on the sofa, watching the gossips programme, sip a cup of tea that night at the hall while Tara, sat besides me and she tried to imitates me. When I looked at her, she just smiled at me but when I look away, she imitates me again.

"Tara..."

"Mama..." said Tara, mimicking my voice.

"Stop imitates me, Tara."

"Stop imitates me, Mama." mimicked Tara.

"You..." I said before I tickled her.

"Mama, stop. Stop it, Mama..." panted Tara. She can't stop laughing and trust me, her laughter is so adorable.

"Hey, what are you guys doing ?" asked Anisha while walked towards us.

"Nothing, Anisha." I said while trying to catch my breath.

"Yeah, fatso..." said Tara.

"Oh my God, what did you call me just now ? Huh ? Huh ? Tara..." said Anisha before she tickles Tara.

"Stop it, aunty..! No, Mama..." laughed Tara. She tried to escape by ran towards her grandparents but we caught her. We were having so much fun that time when suddenly we heard someone press the doorbell.

"I'll open it." said Anisha while walked towards the door and when she opened the door, "Oh, hi ! Tara, look who's here !"

It was Ranbir. He entered the house, greeted and hugged everyone including me.

"I miss you." said Ranbir after we pulled away. He gave a peck on my forehead before he walked towards Tara.

"Hi, my princess." said Ranbir as he was about to hug Tara but Tara stopped him.

"Stop."

"What happened, my princess ?" asked Ranbir, knelt in front of Tara.

"You've promised that you will come every weekend but you're not here last weekend." sulked Tara.

"I'm sorry, princess. Papa was busy with some works..."

"No." sulked Tara while stomping her feet.

"I'm sorry, please..." begged Ranbir.

"No." said Tara.

"Princess..." said Ranbir as he put his hand on his chest and suddenly lie down on the floor.

"Papa ?" worried Tara as she approached Ranbir and tried to wake him up.

"Ranbir ?" I patted his cheek when he still didn't wake up after few times Tara tried to wake him up. I don't know what suddenly happened to him. He collapsed just like that. Everyone started to gather around and my heart started to beats so fast. What happened to him ?

"Hah ! Caught you !" jerked Ranbir before he quickly hugged Tara. Then, he laughed looking at how panic we are. Everyone rolled their eyes and laughed at Ranbir's pathetic ideas to coax Tara.

"IT'S. NOT. FUNNY. AT. ALL, Ranbir !" I taut and keep hitting his shoulder.

"Ouch, sweetheart... it's hurts." said Ranbir while rubbed his shoulder. Well, he deserved it !

I ignored him and quickly walked up the stairs before entered my room. I closed the door and walked towards the balcony. I felt very angry with Ranbir. He shouldn't jokes like that. It's not funny. I almost thought that I'm going to lose him. I don't want to lose him. I was so carried away with my feelings when suddenly my mind popped out a question to me, 'do you even remember him ?'

Tears started to stream down my cheeks when I started to think about it. I don't remember him but I don't want to lose him. Am I being selfish ?

"Deepika ?" a familiar voice triggered me from my thought. I turned around and look at him. Yes, it was him. It was always him.