Chapter 17

Epilogue

She wore a simple red dress that her husband bought for her during her birthday last year. Then, she put on a natural make up for her face and done a simple wavy style for her hair. Her smiles started to appear on her face when her finger traced the simple customised 'Love' gold chain that has always been her favourite and precious things. She looked at the reflections of her on the mirror. Wrinkles, sometimes it's make some special appearance on her face whenever she smiles. But thank God, there's still no sign of any grey hair appeared on her gorgeous hair.

"Mama ?" a sweet familiar voice approached her from the corner of the room. It was her daughter, Tara.

"Hi, princess." greeted Deepika to her daughter.

"Mama, don't call me like that. I'm fifteen years old now..." said Tara. She's a big girl now.

"Yeah, I know but you're always going to be my princess."

"I know, Ma... I love you too." smiled Tara as she encircled her hands around her mother's waist. Yes, she still a pampered girl.

"Anyways, where's Naina ? Kabir and Ved ?" asked Deepika while she take a final look of her look for that day on the mirror.

"Kabir and Ved is with Papa but Naina is with Aunty Anisha. Ma, you have to see how Papa handle that two twins monster." chuckled Tara.
Deepika just smiled thinking of how cute her twins boys will irritates their father.

"Sweetheart... I need a little help here." called Ranbir from the boy's room. Tara and Deepika laughed after heard it and then they walked away from the room and went to rescue Ranbir.

When they entered the room, the twins was ready with their pirates dress and they were having fun as they were happily jumping on their king size bed. Ranbir was struggling to make them sit down and wear their socks.

"Kabir, Ved, enough with the jumping things..." said Ranbir while trying to catch the two.

"Hey, boys." called Deepika while walked towards them.

"Mama, we're pirates. Garrrr..." said seven years old Kabir.

"Yeah, and Papa is trying to catch us." added Ved while adjusting his spectacles.

"Papa is trying to make both of you wear your socks and be the most handsome twins pirates on the birthday party... come." said Deepika and the boys just follow her words.

"Come, Papa. Let me help you." said Tara while take the socks from her father and bring the twins to downstairs.

"How you do that ?" confused Ranbir.

"Well, it's women's speciality." jokes Deepika. She walked closer to her husband and put his hand around her neck before she gave a peck on his lips and continued, "You're just being my favourite bodyguard, Bira."

Ranbir just smiled and put his hands around Deepika's waist before asked, "Where's Naina ? By the way, you're looking hot in this dress."

"She's with Anisha. Bira, I have a bad news."

"What is it ?"

"Wrinkles starts appeared on my face. It's not that obvious but hell no..." pouted Deepika.

"Sweetheart, you're still the gorgeous women even if you're 90 years old. Plus, we're thirties now so chill, sweetheart." winked Ranbir before he kissed his wife.

                                           ******

It was Naina's two years birthday party and the theme was imaginations so the kids can wear anything they want and the adults, just being adults. Deepika stood in the door frame, leaning on the sides, smiling, as she watched her kids playing around with their friends. Anisha is happily married to a businessman now and she is going to have baby soon. She was six months pregnant now and looking from the way she handles Naina, Deepika sure that Anisha is going to be a good mother. Mr and Mrs Padukone is a golden couple now. They grow older of course, but still being sweet with each other. Then, someone approached her. That someone who means a lot in her life. That someone who still being her bodyguard. That someone who always put a beautiful rainbows in her life.

"Are you okay, sweetheart ?" asked Ranbir as he stood besides Deepika. Deepika nodded her head and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Bira, I'm feeling old now... looking at our kids... looking at Tara. She's a big girl now, Bira."

"It's okay, sweetheart. It's cool."

"Bira, will you still love me if I'll have Alzheimer's when we old ?" asked Deepika.

"Well, I had enough with amnesia..." jokes Ranbir.

"Bira..." said Deepika while hit Ranbir's stomach.

"Okay, okay." chuckled Ranbir before he continued, "I, Ranbir, your favourite bodyguard, telling you everything with honesty that I never had a moment of doubt, I love you and will always love you no matter what happens in our life. You're always going to be my dearest one and my reason for life."

Deepika looked at Ranbir and smiled.

"I love you, my six feet tall guy aka my unknown bodyguard aka my husband." winked Deepika before she gave a peck on Ranbir's cheek.

"Well, in that case, I love you too, sweetheart aka my girlfriend aka my wife aka my pumpkin." chuckled Ranbir.

"Pumpkin ? Oh yeah ! Kriti still calling Sushant as pumpkin, right ?" said Deepika with the excitements like a child. Ranbir nodded and then, they laughed while thinking about it.

Happiness, it's not the ending of everything. Sometimes, it's just another start of everything that happens in our life. We are human, it's okay to have a meltdown. Just don't unpack and live there. Cry it out. Then refocus on where you're headed. Life is beautiful. It's okay if we're not perfect as long as we know how to live, love and laugh.

The End.