Chapter 1

The music blasted out of the speakers in Braelyn’s truck. She had just returned from the music store with a copy of the new Florida Georgia Line CD. Florida Georgia Line was Braelyn’s favorite band, and more. Tyler Hubbard, the lead singer of the band, was Braelyn’s best friend. They had been friends since elementary school, and Tyler had been her rock through some really bad situations in the past.

            Braelyn was on her way to see her boyfriend, Cian. He had been on a trip with his parents, and had returned home last night. She pulled into his driveway, turned her truck off, and jumped out of the black lifted Chevy Silverado. She couldn’t wait to see him, she had missed him so much while he was away. She walked up to his door and knocked. Cian answered the door, but wouldn’t let her inside.

            “Braelyn, it’s great to see you! I missed you very much baby, but right now isn’t a good time. I’m not feeling the best, and really just want to go to bed.”

            “Do you want me to make you soup or something? I can get you anything you need.”

            “No, I just want to get some rest. I’ll call you…”

            “Cian? Are you coming?” Braelyn heard the voice, but didn’t want to believe it.

            “Do you have someone else over? Are you cheating on me?”

            “No, baby, no. It’s my mom,” Braelyn knew Cian was lying to her. That voice was too young to be Mrs. Brookes.

            “Go to hell Cian,” and with that Braelyn ran to her truck, tears stinging her eyes. She climbed into her truck, started the engine and drove like hell. She didn’t know where she was going to go, she just knew she had to get out of there.

            The next thing Braelyn knew, she was pulling into Tyler’s driveway. She parked her truck behind his, turned the key off and sat there crying. After a couple of minutes Tyler walked out to the truck and tapped on her window. Braelyn rolled the window down and looked into Tyler’s deep blue eyes. “He cheated on me,” was all she said before the tears started falling again. Tyler opened her truck door and helped her out. When she was standing on the ground, he took her into his arms and held her close to him.

            “It’s ok, Brae. You deserve better,” Tyler said as he wiped the tears from her eyes. “Come inside, we can talk, or watch a movie.” Tyler led Braelyn into the house and sat her on the couch. He quickly got to work making coffee, trying to make small talk while the coffee was brewing. “How did you find out…if you don’t mind my asking?”

            “I went to his place, hoping to surprise him. He’s been on vacation and just got back today. He wouldn’t let me in…” Braelyn started getting a little choked up again. “Said he was sick, that he would call me later…That’s when I heard her voice. He tried telling me it was his mother, but I knew better. I told him to go to hell, before running to my truck and coming here.” Tears were streaming down Braelyn’s face by this point, but she didn’t care.

            Tyler hated seeing her like this. Seeing her cry made him want to hurt the person that made her upset. When the coffee maker quit, he quickly made her a cup. “Milk and one teaspoon of sugar is how she likes it, I wonder if he knows how she likes her coffee,” Tyler thought to himself. He took the coffee into the living room, set it on the coffee table and sat down next to her. “Come on beautiful, smile. You’re pretty when you cry, but gorgeous when you smile.” Tyler wiped the tears from her cheeks with his thumb, then took her face in his hands and looked into her eyes. “You’re too good to cry over him, no man is worth your tears. Any man would be lucky to have you, don’t settle for an ass.”