10.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes, hearing my phone ring almost immediately.
I walked over and picked it up, seeing Marcus' picture pop up on the screen. I answered, turning my back to Oscar and walking towards the kitchen.
"Hey." I started quietly.
"Hey, I heard y'all are on lock down, are you okay? Are you safe?" He asked, and I smiled at his concern. I shoved my hand in the pocket of my sweatpants, trying to seem nonchalant although I have never been more uncomfortable in my life.
"Yeah, I'm good, I'm safe." I assure. "Are you? Do you know what's going on?" I pressed, thinking maybe he'll have an answer.
"Nope, I just got the notification, wanted to make sure you're good." He explained before my phone was ripped out of my hand.
"Wassup, cabron, we're a little busy over here." Oscar hissed into the other end, he quickly put obstacles between us and by the time I made it to him he was already another obstacle away.
I couldn't hear what Marcus said, but it obviously wasn't what Oscar expected.
"Don't worry, bro, I'll take care of my hyna." Oscar hung my phone up and tossed it back onto the couch.
"You don't know how tempted I am to throw you into the streets and hope for the worse." I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"So, what are you two going steady, Jennifer?" He teased me, I kissed my teeth shoving him back.
"Fuck you, Oscar." I cursed, turning around to go to my room.
"Hey, Mi-" he grabbed my waist stopping my movement. "I'm sorry." He whispered, his hand resting on my hip.
"Oscar, it's fine, you don't have to apologize to me."
"Stop, saying that-"
"It's true!" I turned around, brushing his hand off of me.
"It isn't, because I know how you feel when you see me." He narrowed his eyes as if he was catching me in a lie.
"Excuse me." I stepped back, and he stepped forward.
"When my name gets brought up, your heart drops in your chest. When you see me your pupils dilate to fill up your entire iris. Then, when I get under your skin your cheeks burn, and you chew the back of your lip hoping to fight off your smile. When I touch you, your heartbeat quickens. And I can feel it when I have my hand against your neck, when we're about to possibly kiss. You relax when we kiss, you're all there when we kiss..." he was now against me, hand on my cheek trying to get eye contact.
"You aren't anything special to me, I do that with any guy I-"
"Guys you?" He cut me off, smirking. "Guys you like, Bonita?"
"Fuck off." I tried to pull away, but his hand was on my hip anchoring before him.
"You don't want to be in your room alone, while I'm out here, do you?"
"Oscar, please." I pleaded, trying my hardest to deny him.
"Come on, mi Alma, give in- let's do what we were going to that night you came over."
"I would rather die." I whispered to his lips and he smiled, knowing I was lying.
"Are you sure about that?" He laughed slightly, leaning forward and pressing our lips together gently.
He was asking me for permission to continue, and as much as I wanted to deny him this simple pleasure I wanted him so bad there was no denying it.
I kissed him back, putting my hands on either side of his neck, then dragging them down his shoulders and arms. It was slow, sweet, or body's being gentle with one another as we stayed like this.
After a few simple moments he moved us to the wall, the wall was cold against my exposed shoulders and I pushed my chest onto his in the heat of the moment.
He became a bit more needy now, his hands a little more grabby, his breath pattern more frantic.
His hand moved down to the soft part of my leg under my bum, cupping it urging me to hook it around his waist, and once my arms were secured around his neck I pulled my other leg up and anchored myself there. He carried me down the hall, slamming his hand on the first door.
"Bathroom." I panted between kissing his neck.
He made his way to the next one.
"The master." I stated, licking a strip over the Santos cross tattoo on his neck then moving to his shoulders.
He slapped the next handle, throwing it wide.
"Mine." I whispered, gently nibbling his earlobe.
He groaned, "Tu serás mi muerte." He laid me onto the bed, pushing my curls from my face, looking me in the eyes. "I've missed this." He ran this thumb over my bottom lip.
"Then shut up, and kiss me."

***

I laid on his chest, hearing the sirens blare and the helicopters pass overhead. He drew circles into my shoulder blade as music played from the living room.
I wrote the lyrics into his bare skin with my finger, humming along to Easy by Mac Aryes.
"I told you we were meant to be." He whispered into my head, kissing me lightly while holding his lips there.
"Oscar..." I trailed, hearing my phone buzz, I pulled the blanket up to my chest, going to look at my message as Oscar sat up too, concerned.
"Who is it, Mi?"
"Jamal..." I trailed opening the text.

Hey so I'm a lil scared lol, are u safe? They say the lockdown will be over soon??????

I smirked pushing my hair off my forehead quickly.

Hey J, I'm good! Please stay at work till the lockdown is over I'll drive you home.

I send back, rubbing my hands over my face, sitting forward.
Oscar pulled my hair off my neck, pinching a curl and pulling it down then letting it recoil. "I always loved your hair..." he complimented. And I smiled behind my hands, dropping them in my lap and looking at him over my shoulder.
"How do you always get what you want?" I asked, seeing him smile softly, an almost sad look in his eyes.
"In the end, princesa, I get what I deserve... good or bad." He squeezed my shoulder affectionately and I turned back to him, leaning to give him a small kiss before leaving my bed. "Where are you going?"
"Getting dressed..." I gathered my clothes, throwing them back on the bed and before pulling out a tissue to pick up our used condom from my bedside table and shivering- what kind of person am I becoming? I thought to myself, throwing it in the bin.
We stayed silent, gathering ourselves for a moment. I went to my dresser to put my underwear on and stood before my vanity tying my hair up on top of my head before grabbing my t shirt and pulling it over my head.
"Naomi?" He asked, facing away from me pulling his boxers on from the other side of the bed.
"Yeah?"
"Are you still gonna see Marcus?" He practically whispered, I looked at him from the mirror, looking down at my bed.
"Probably." I admit, he nods.
"Okay." Was all he muttered, sounding almost wounded.
"Don't you have someone else, Oscar? All this time you can't possibly tell me that I was it?" I shrug, leaning forward, neither of us facing each other, just looking through the mirror.
"Naomi, you were." He looked up at me through the mirror and my cheeks burned a bright red.
I shook my head not believing him as I grabbed my hair tie and began to pull it all back.
He was behind me now, just standing there for a moment. "I am bad, have done bad things, and am bad at a lot of things- but I'm good to the people I care about, and I'm really good at loving you..." He confessed and I squeezed my eyes shut tightly.
Why does he have to do this stuff to me?
"Oscar..." I trailed, nervously.
"I'm a real ass gangster- but I ain't no player, mamí, I don't sleep around with no girls, even if I wanted to- there just not you..." he divulged, and on impulse I held his hand in mine for comfort.
"Oscar, you are the only man I've been with." I admit, taking a deep breath in contemplation of what to say next. I brought my hands to my elbows, closing myself off with my arms across my chest. "I am passionate when it comes to you, you make me feel things I can't fathom feeling for anyone else. I love you hard, and I hate you harder, and that's just who we are now." I shrug as he puts his hands on my hips. "So let's worry about each other when we're together... and when we're not, worry about ourselves." I suggest, and he all of a sudden has a playful smile on his face. I turn my head to the side and arch my eyebrow.
"So let's fuck around until we meet up again?" He explained his interpretation.
"Yeah." I shrug, not getting it.
"Let's make this interesting-"
"Oscar it's not a competition-"
"No, hermosa, that's exactly what this is... whoever gets jealous first- loses."
"Loses?"
"Yeah, so when you finally get over all your 'It's not real, we were young, it's not love' BS feelings and break down and confess your love for me- it's fucking over."
"What's over?"
"The lies, then you're mine, baby girl." He pulled my hips against his grinding them together playfully.
"You think my ass is about to cave? It took a whole ass lockdown for it to go down- but hold up, you think you got some magic dick that'll make me get jealous of some puta?" He let go folding his arms over his chest.
"I know it will, you already getting heated thinking about it. So, what do you say?"
"Bet." I stuck my hand out for him to shake and he shook his head with a smirk before putting his hand on mine.
"You're on."