13.

"Mm." Tyus moaned, holding a bone over his plate with his head back. "Oscar, these ribs are good as fuck." Tyus cursed in pure bliss, I laughed watching Oscar look at him with pride.
"Aye, there's more where that come from, esé." Oscar motioned to the plate covered in a mountain of tin foil on the other table.
"Thanks for the feast, Oscar." I praised, genuinely.
He brought ribs, wings, grilled chicken, corn on the cob, as well as the fixings... it was a little taste of heaven, and definitely not expected.
"Anything for you, mi alma." He winked, making my stomach flip catching the attention of Marcus who immediately straightened up beside me. Marcus waited till Oscar preoccupied himself with his rib before speaking up.
"Didn't know you had it in you, big guy." Marcus shrugged, almost to be nonchalant.
"What's that supposed to mean, big guy?" Oscar looked up at Marcus behind his long eyelashes, almost testing him. I slipped my hand under the table, placing a cautious hand on his upper thigh as his gaze only narrowed on Oscar.
"It means, I didn't know you could cook like that." He leaned forward, his elbows now under his shoulders as he leaned across the table.
"Probably cause you don't know shit about me, cabron." Oscar hissed, something in his voice I've never heard before, something dangerous.
"Oscars a great cook, one of the best." I chimed in, pulling everyone's attention to me as I picked up another corn on the cob.
"Naomi knows how to slob on a cob, right Oscar?" Cesar smirked, a mischievous look in his eyes that shook me to the core which, by reflex, made me throw the full cob at his head.
I put my hands over my mouth, in shook at myself as everyone around the table broke out in laughter.
Cesar glared at me as Oscar flicked a kernel off his shoulder that landed there on impact.
I could see Marcus burning holes into the side of my head but I couldn't bring myself to look at him.
"Aye, Naomi, you get that gangster dick? What's it like, I'm hella curious." Jasmine purred making eyes at Oscar. I sat with my mouth open, almost paralyzed.
"Looking like that, huh?" Jasmine continued, nodding, grabbing her corn and pretending to give it a blowjob.
"No, I-"
"Ew, Jasmine." Kehlani swatted Jasmines shoulder hoping to make her stop- which it did.
"Y'all lay off, Naomi has standards." Monse defended, winking at me and slapping Cesar's chest. As much as she wanted to be on my side the whole conversation made me uncomfortable.
"Chef Oscar, did you bring any dessert?" I asked, looking in my lap as I addressed him. Kind of hoping the earth would swallow me whole and keep me there for the next 100 years.
"Well, if you're not on the menu." He dug his knife deeper into Marcus- who I could audibly hear breathing heavier at this point. "I got some paleta in the cooler." He nodded his head towards the second cooler as I looked back I felt a foot run up my leg as my voice caught in my throat.
I quickly turned to Marcus, not giving Oscar the satisfaction, but rather walking into another whole mess with Marcus.
"Want a paleta?" I smiled, now that our eyes met his face softened and he nodded.
"Sure." He agreed, and I pushed myself up from the picnic table going to the cooler.
I bent forward, digging through the ice for the frozen treat seeing feet beside the cooler.
"What is going on?" Kehlani hissed, confused.
"It's a lot, I'll tell you tonight."
"No tell me now, I don't know how to defend you." She was bent forward now, looking for other flavors.
"Don't worry about, I can handle those two meat heads." I admit, grabbing the tray of mango Chile paleta and handing one to her seeing her smile.
"Alright, well lemme know if you need any help with all them mans tryna get in them pants." She winked, sashaying away.
I rolled my eyes grabbing out another mango Chile and a pineapple one shutting the cooler and latching it before throwing the towel on top.
I walked back to the table giving Marcus his paleta and standing behind him. He leaned back, his warm toned back against my stomach.
I rested one arm down, my hand stopping high on his chest and he reached up squeezing it at one point, making Oscar roll his eyes.
"Hey, Mi." Tyus barked from his end of the table.
"What's up?" I pressed, using much lips to break off a piece of my dessert.
"Can I have that?" He asked, pointing at my dessert.
"There's a bunch in the cooler." I huffed, moving over as Tyus reached for it.
"I know you weren't gonna finish that." He winked, taking a big bite out of it.
"Ouch." Monse thought aloud and I laughed.
"The twins have no teeth sensitivity." I explained, shivering. "I really cannot relate..."
I was about to walk away, but Marcus' hand pulled me back.
"Want some?" He asked, one leg straddling the picnic table. I sat on his leg and pulled the paleta from his hand, taking a couple licks.
I handed it back to him, still remaining on his lap for a moment as everyone kind of broke off.
I could hear a phone buzz from my bag and I leaned forward ruffling through it.
Not mine, not Monses, Ruby's or Jamal's, not Kehlanis, not Tyus', Cesar's, is Jasmines.
"Fuck." I quickly handed it to Marcus. "It went to voicemail, sorry."
"Don't worry about it." He smirked, giving my thigh a quick squeeze. I stood up, let5ting him handle his business privately and sat back down at the table.
The only people left were Kehlani and Monse at the far end, and Oscar sat across from me.
"So, that's why I haven't seen you around..." he nudged his head towards Marcus who was stood in the grassy part away from the public.
"It's not like I was ever coming around..." I rolled my eyes.
"That's true, but after that fun we had-"
"Don't get it twisted." I scoffed, resting my chin in the palm of my hand.
"You getting all motherly on me." He started and I didn't even waste my time asking what that meant because I knew he couldn't fucking wait to tell me. "Want a paleta, Marcus? Need me to put your phone in my bag, Marcus? Acting like his fucking slave."
"Watch with that slave shit, esé." I hissed, not looking at him.
"Naomi, is this just a show for me? Tryna get me to cave?"
"Don't you think if I really wanted you like you think I do that by now I would've caved?"
"Oh yeah, but with Father Marcus dangling those pretty money bags-"
"I ain't cheap, Oscar, it's not about money." I sat forward seeing him shift uncomfortably. "But you know that." I continued, this time he wouldn't make eye contact with me. "What? You scared cause your competition is almost 6ft of pure pretty boy?" I beamed, excited to see him squirm.
"Yeah, cause that pretty boy gets your legs shaking like me?" He tried to come back from the embarrassment but it's already been done.
"You think you got sex over that?" I pointed behind me, but his eyes never left mine.
"I ain't worried about shit." He lied, looking away.
"Good." I smirked, sitting back.
"Good." He repeated, still looking away.
"Babe." Marcus was behind me, his lips to my ear.
I turned around, putting space between us to look at him. "What's up?" I asked as he pouted.
"I gotta head into the office, one of the apps is having some bug issues that Jacob can't crack." He explained and I nodded.
"No, it's all good. I got it." I assure and he continues frowning.
"I'll text you as soon as it's done, I'm so sorry." He apologized kissing my forehead.
"Take your time." I encourage as he grabs his shirt and threw it over his head pulling it on as he walked to Tyus, saying good bye.
I watched Tyus pout then his eyes went wide with excitement.
"Mi, I'm going with Marcus!" He pushed himself up off the ground.
"Okay?" I called back, confused but letting it happen as they both waved walking to his car.
I huffed, turning back to see Oscar smirking at me.
"And then there were two, hermosa..." Oscar leaned across the table and I smiled doing the same.
"There's 8 of us," I remind, then shrug, "and my other rides gone. So, looks like you're chauffeur numero dos." I pushed myself up, beginning to pack away food.
I opened the cooler we brought and making pockets for the food between the ice.
"Mi!" Ruby ran up to me with the rest of the crew not far behind.
"Yes?" I answered against better judgement, wrapping the corn in tinfoil carefully.
"We're playing smash, marry, kill-"
"Ew." I shiver as Ruby scoffed.
"But I was wondering, who would you smash, marry, and kill between me, Cesar and- fuck." He cursed, turning to Cesar. "We can't put Jamal, that's her primo-"
"What about Oscar?" Cesar chimed nodding his head back towards his brother.
"Oh, of course." I rolled my eyes, getting glares from both boys.
"Oscar it is." Ruby settled, folding his arms. "Smash, marry, kill: me, Cesar, and Oscar. Keep in mind, I am a gentleman, a lover, I would be gentle with you, mamí." Ruby assured before I made my decision.
"Smash Ruby, marry Cesar, and kill Oscar." I lied, seeing Oscars eyes narrow at me. I rolled mine, finishing tying off the hamburger bun bags.
"Kill me?" Oscar laughed.
I rolled my eyes, turning back around hearing Jamal nervously invite him into the game.
"Me? Fine." He agreed and I turn around seeing him begin. "Kill you." He points at Ruby. "Kill you." He gestures to Jamal. "Smash you." He eyes Monse who quickly folds her arms over her chest. Turning to Kehlani.
"Watch yourself, Diaz." I warned, turning to glare at him.
"Smash you." He said it anyway, my blood boiling beneath my skin.
He turned to Jasmine now, her hands running over her body sexually and he shrugged. "Ah, fuck it- smash you too." Laughing then dropping his smile. "Then I'll kill you." And jasmine snarled, rolling her eyes. "And you," he walked between them now, coming towards me. "Mamí I'd marry your ass in a heartbeat." He grabbed my hand, and pulled it to his lips, kissing it.
"I'm sure you would." I try to pull my hand out of his grip but instead he held tighter and pulled me against him. "Oscar." I gasped, knowing they were all still watching.
"What would you say if I asked you to marry me?" He whispered, ignoring my obvious discomfort.
Kehlani walked to be positioned directly behind him. I looked to her seeing her face scrunched in confusion.
"I would say we better get this food on ice, you tryna help?" I tried to push him off.
"I'll get my answer." He ignored that, fishing for a reaction
I looked him in the eye, as conflicted as ever, as smiled softened. He looked at me lovingly.
"You already got it."