24.

I straddled him in the back seat of his car as the radio played the mixtape I gave him 6 years ago.
"Harder baby." He pleaded, as I ground my hips against his rhythmically. He moaned as I applied more pressure, pressing his lips to my neck as I let out a small gasp.
"Mi Alma." He whimpered, his hand coming up under my shirt and holding my breast in his hand.
"Oscar." I panted, pulling his hand off and sitting farther back on his lap, putting distance between us.
"What?" He groaned.
"Not here, can't we go back to-"
"Your place?"
"My place?" I bit back.
"Is there an issue?"
"My place where my brother, sister, cousin, and general local youth population frequent?" I remind seeing realization flash before his eyes.
"Yeah. Good idea, My place." He pulled me in for a quick peck and then crawled into the front seat and I followed behind him as he started the car.
I checked my phone quickly seeing Kehlani texted me, and skimmed over her message finishing with a groan.
"What's up, mi?" Oscar asked as he stopped for traffic outside of the parking lot.
"It's Marcus." I inform him and he grunts.
"Marcus?"
"Yeah, Lani just texted me telling me that Marcus was upset about me leaving." I confess, adding fuel to his fire of hatred.
"I thought you had that puppy on a muzzle." He hissed.
"I know you get all macho at the mention of him but lay off. Marcus treats me just as well, if not better, than you..." I reminded with an eye roll and made quick of calling Marcus.
"Hey Naomi." He answered before the full ring.
"Hey Marc." I chirped. "How was work?"
"Work was good, I wanted to talk to you before you left!" He confessed, disheartened.
"Oh, about what?"
"About Aj."
"Oh, how's he doing?"
"He's doing great, he's going home this weekend so I was wondering if you wanted to come to his home for the party they're throwing for him."
"Yeah, Of course I do, Marcus. I would love to! Saturday night?"
"Yeah, it starts at 1, I got Lani to cover your shift."
"Marcus. Thank you." I praised, that was sweet of him. "Should I bring anything?"
"Just you, and your wonderful attitude." He joked and I laughed softly.
"Perfect. Thanks for the invite."
"Aj wants you to come." He guilted me, and my heart panged in my chest.
"I'll be there." I confirm, getting quiet. "I'll see you soon, Marcus."
"Bye Mi." He hung up quickly and I turned in my seat to face Oscar.
"What?"
"Are we just gonna go to your place and hook up and- what? Just sleep?"
"This was kind of your idea." He pointed out and I rolled my eyes because he was right.
"Well, lets do something tonight."
"Like what?" He asked, smirking.
"Let's go clubbing." I suggested as he became wide eyed.
"Clubbing?" He repeated, in disbelief.
"Yeah!" I encouraged. "No house party, or fucking at your place- a real club."
"Why?"
"Come on, it'll be fun. I leave soon and then you'll never have to go clubbing again." I smirked seeing him roll his eyes.
"Don't say that."
"Well, are you down, Oscar, or not?"
"Of course I am."
"I love when you're weak." I slapped his shoulder and sat back in my seat as he drove us back to The Turners place.

***

"How did you know it was gonna be throw back night?" Oscar asked as the bouncer let us in.
My jaw dropped seeing everyone in 90's attire, as JaRule played in the background.
"I didn't." I admitted, adjusting my denim skirt and grabbing his hand as we went towards the bar.
"What can I get you dude and dudette?" The bartender played on theme and I giggled slightly.
"2 Captain and Coke's." I ordered, pulling a $20 bill from my pocket.
"Right on!" He nodded, going to grab us glasses.
Oscar seemed very anxious, constantly grabbing me, or squeezing my hips, hands, arms- making it known he was still here.
I turned to him and smiled, seeing him loosen up only slightly.
"What's wrong?" I asked, watching him shift.
"Nothing." He said shortly, obviously hiding something from me.
"It doesn't feel like nothing." I countered and he groaned, resting his face in the crook of my neck.
"It's nothing, mama." He assured, stepping back as our drinks were set before us.
"Thank you!"
"For sure, dudette." He winked, going to help another customer as I handed Oscar his drink.
"So." I started.
"So." He mocked and I rolled my eyes.
"Thanks for doing this, I'm excited." I admit, genuinely.
Oscar and I were never public.
Not even when we were younger.
We kept everything pretty hush hush, and it's fun to sneak around, but I wanted one last time to have a night for us and to do something new. I know for the next couple weeks I'll be buckling down before I leave so I won't have much time for others, but I think this will be good for me.
I haven't talked about my future much lately.
Between Marcus and Oscar I internalize almost all of it out of fear that I'll make a mistake and lose them both.
I take a big sip as "Let's Get Married" by Jagged Edge came on and I nearly choked on my drink out of excitement.
"Oscar." I poured as he quickly took his drink back and nodded with an eye roll.
I finished my drink too and set it on the bar and I pulled him by the hand to the dance floor.
We danced around each other for a moment before he grabbed my hand and pulled me in and sang to me.
I threw my head back laughing as picked it up where he left off.
"What would I be if we were just to fall apart." I dramatized seeing him smirk.
We both shouted the chorus to each other, before he spun me under his arm and I was pressed to his front side.
I felt my ratchet come out as I heard him rap along with Run's verse. Palms to the floor booty shaken, getting myself hype.
I stood back up placing my hand in the back of his sweaty neck as his hand snakes into the front of my skirt. His fingers pressing the soft of my stomach for a moment. I giggled laying my head on his shoulder from behind me as the song came to an end.
The song switched to "Lose My Breath" by Destiny's Child and something flipped in me and I turned around abruptly getting my Beyoncé moment.
I sang the song and dramatically danced for him and I could see him further loosen up encouraging me further.
I turned around and ran my body down his as the verse came in then came back up staying in front of my him with my hands on my knees grinding against him sloppily.
As the second verse started he placed a worrying grip on my hip and turned to him seeing terror on his face.
"Oscar?" I asked, as he looked like he was following someone with his gaze.
"We gotta go." He explained and I immediately was confused.
He jerked my arm through the club in the opposite direction towards behind the bar.
I apologized as we burst into the ally immediately greeted by a man standing outside the door.
"What the fuck?" He cursed, scared by our abrupt entrance to the alley.
We walked towards the opening onto the streets cautiously before seeing a man come into view in a Hoodie.
I continued walking not even thinking of it before Oscar grabbed my arm and yanked me back.
"Ay." I cursed, his grip was harsh as he put himself in front of me.
I watched them glare at each other and in that moment I knew it.
"Diffuse the situation." I whispered to him, not sure how gang run ins usually work.
"You thought you would get away with it?" The voice started.
"He was a bad guy." Oscar defended.
"We're all bad, Spooky." The man barked and my heart stopped momentarily. "You're fucking up my business. That punk ass kids dad is my biggest distributor." The guy pulled out s gun and my stomach dropped to my ankles. I gripped Oscars shirt tighter.
"I'm sorry-"
"Got the feds looking into my shit, cuz, they getting awfully close to figuring something out."
"I'm not trying to get any trouble just teach him a lesson, please, let us go." Oscar pleaded, thankfully dropping the gangster facade.
"Not how it works on the streets, a Santos of all people should know that."
"I'll turn myself in, take the heat off your back." Oscar offered and I felt my cheeks burn.
"Don't you dare." I whispered to him.
"I don't wanna kill you..." the man trailed, cocking the gun and I let out a single tear.
"The cops are coming, get outta here!" The man on his smoke break fired a gun into the air behind us, and for a moment everything went black.
I took in a deep breath and opened my eyes to a man standing over me.
"Oh my god, he's been shot!" He exclaimed and before I could even process it I looked down to see Oscar laying on top of me.
"Oscar." I whispered, confused.
"I didn't think he was gonna shoot." The man defended.
"Mi Alma." He whimpered, softly, losing consciousness.