Tory and Sherlock - Thunder

Tory had been sleeping in the bed she shared with Sherlock when she was awoken by a loud clap of thunder. She sighed and stirred, rubbing her closed eyes with the back of her hand. She tried to feel around for Sherlock's form next to her but there was nothing. As if on cue, she heard pounding coming from the room next to her. She assumed it was Sherlock doing one of his crazy experiments so she didn't question it too much.

    Tory was able to get another few minutes of sleep before Sherlock's pounding and the thunder kept her up. She groaned and swung herself out of bed, about to yell at him for making so much noise. She had to work early tomorrow after all.

    "Sherlock, it's one in the morning. What on earth could you be doing? And don't give me a smart ass answer." She hugged herself in a blanket, her eyes barely open as she watched her boyfriend slam a hammer against one of the window frames. It seemed as if he was trying to hit the hammer the same time as the thunder boomed through the sky.

    "Are you trying to make more noise?" Tory asked with a raised eyebrow. She was about to say something else as another clap of thunder shocked the whole apartment. She winced a bit as he hit the hammer again. A flash of lightning peeked through the curtains and lit up a portion of Sherlock's darkened face. She then realized the look on his face was fear. But what was he scared off? The Sherlock she knew wasn't scared of anything, until now apparently.

    "I'm trying to see how far away the storm is. The hammer helps me count the seconds. Think a little, Tory." Sherlock spoke, walking passed her to the kitchen table where more hardware tools were. She also didn't know that he was aware that these tools existed. For being so smart, he could be clueless to things like tools.

    "Oh yeah, totally. I think you can tell how far it is, you've been doing this since eleven." Tory yawned, watching his face away from her like he was trying to hide. "You should come to bed, I can help you find a case in the morning if that makes you feel better." She didn't want to mention his fear of the thunder, knowing he would snap back at her if she did.

    "I'm okay, you go back to sleep. Your ordinary brains needs it, or something like that. I wouldn't know." He spoke, moving things around on the table like he was just doing it to keep his hands busy.

    Tory shook her head and walked over to her tall, sociopath significant other. She wrapped her arms around him from behind and she felt him tense up immediately. She knew that he hated any type of physical touch or affection but she also knew that he liked it at times. After a few seconds of tenseness, Sherlock loosened his back muscles and sort of sunk into Tory's arms. Sherlock then moved her arms from around him so he could go back to their shared room. Tory smiled to herself and followed close behind. She watched from the door as sherlock plopped himself into bed and threw the blanket over his head like he was hiding. She saw that he curled up into a ball and she had to force herself not to giggle because it would make him mad. She eventually moved her way into bed as well, curving her body with his ball form. She had an arm draped over his whole body, her hand running up and down his arm. Everytime a new sound of thunder racked through 221B, Sherlock would jump and reposition himself on the bed. Tory didn't complain about his constant moving, though. She just repositioned herself with him so she was as close to him as possible.

    A few hours passed and Tory was now the one cuddled up against Sherlock. She was trying to fix her leg since it was at an awkward angle but then Sherlock woke up. He was worried that she was leaving so he just grabbed her and held on. She didn't mind it, though. She liked whenever Sherlock actually did normal boyfriend things, even if they were in his sleep.

    ---

It was late morning, and the two were still in bed together. Again, their position changed as the night went on. Sherlock seemed to be cuddled into Tory again, his head buried deep into the crook of her neck. Both of Tory's arms were wrapped around Sherlock's body and they showed no signs of waking up soon. Two phones were ringing in the background of all this. Tory's secretary was calling her to ask her where she was. She was supposed to be in for work at eight this morning. The other phone was Sherlock's and it was John calling. John knew better than anyone that Sherlock never slept in. He hardly slept at all for the matter. He got worried when Sherlock didn't answer the phone the first time. He was on his way to the apartment to see if he was in trouble.

John said a quick hello to Mrs. Hudson and said that he had to check on Sherlock and padded up the stairs. He didn't see him in the living room or the kitchen, which was very strange. He barged into the bedroom, thinking that he wasn't going to be in there and that he was taken. The two in the bed sat up, both startled by the noise. Sherlock saw that it was John and stood up quickly, not wanting him to see how close he was the Tory.

"Jesus John, didn't your mother teach you how to knock?" Sherlock shot with a glare to him. He tried to act as casual as he could but John just had this smug look on his face.

"You two looked very comfortable, I'm sorry for ruining your wonderful slumber." John said sarcastically and Tory threw a pillow at him.

"Get out, Watson." Tory grumbled while fixing the mess she called hair. John just laughed, eying Sherlock especially as he walked out and closed the door behind him.

Tory got out of bed, yawning and walking to where Sherlock was already getting ready for the day. "I hope you slept well, love." She got on her tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek. Sherlock wiped the kiss off which caused Tory to smile and when she retreated to the bathroom, Sherlock smiled too.

A/N
this is not my best writing, i'm sorry. i didn't proof read it, again. i'm sorry again.

best wishes
-lovelyyy64