Jade and Sherlock - Jealous

Jade slipped on her coat, looking at herself in the reflection of the mirror. She was getting ready for an apparent double date. Sadly, her date was the one and only Sherlock. At least she wouldn't be alone with him, John and Mary would be with them. She was only doing this because a serial killer would be having dinner at the restaurant tonight. She had to get to the bottom of this case ASAP, Lestrade was on her ass about it. She just hoped Sherlock wouldn't interfere and try to solve the case for himself. If it was to turn into a case solving race, then so be it. She was ready for anything that was to come from Sherlock.

Jade walked out of her flat, locking the door behind her and calling for a taxi. She would meet the other three at the restaurant, wanting to get there to find out as much as possible before they had their "casual" dinner. She pulled out a compact mirror and a lipstick tube, touching up her lips.

"Date tonight?" The cab driver asked which made Jade smile a bit.

"Yes. A very special one, I may add," she said while she put the mirror away and capped her lipstick.

---

Jade sat patiently at the table, waiting for her date and the other couple to arrive. She passed the time by making random deductions(as Sherlock would put it). She barely noticed when Sherlock, Mary, and John came walking up to the table.

"Mary is that a new perfume? I love it. John, those pants are a tiny bit short on you. But otherwise, you're looking sharp. And Sherlock, same trench coat I see. Didn't even bother dressing up a little for me?" She smiled at them as John and Mary said their greetings. Sherlock just gave her a look.

"Jade, I wouldn't be one to talk. Those shoes are three years old and you wear them almost everyday," Sherlock snapped back at her.

Jade scoffed and called over a waiter. "Nice to see you, too." She muttered before the waiter came over.

"Good evening, can I start you off with some drinks?" The waiter asked the group, holding his notepad and pen.

"The wine of the evening would be great," Jade said for the whole group, not wanting to spend much time on the whole ordering deal.

"Of course, I'll be right back." Jade smiled at the waiter then turned back to the table with a straight face.

"I didn't want-" Mary started to say but Jade cut her off.

"No time, I'm sure the wine is great. Anyways, I already have a list of potential killers." Jade motioned over to an older guy with a well trimmed beard, a nice suit, and multiple rings. "We know that the killer doesn't like to get his hands dirty whenever he kills his victims. This guy over here definitely likes to keep himself groomed which is one sign that shows he might be the killer. He has someone flatiron all his clothes before he goes out and might be gay, judging by the way he yawns almost every three minutes while his date is talking. He also seems uncomfortable when she makes a joke and doesn't know what to do. Like he's never been on a date with a woman before."

Then Jade pointed to a middle aged woman who was sitting by herself in a lonely portion of the restaurant. "She could also be a suspect because all of the killers victims had big reputations. They were either well known in the office or had lots of friends. This lady, of course, doesn't seem to be that type of person and would go after people with those high profiles for some sort of revenge or jealousy act."

Lastly, Jade pointed to her final suspect. It was another man but he was around the same age as her.  "I can't tell much about this guy. He seems pretty normal but that's what makes him so suspicious. He lives alone with his daughter but they seem to be doing fine financially. He has a steady job and seems to be going out with that pretty woman right there. I can't find any motives he might have for killing those people, maybe he's just mad. I still need to figure that part out."

The table was silent for a moment before John spoke. "You might be as good as Sherlock at these deductions."

"John, don't say that in front of Sherlock, he might get upset." Mary teased, chuckling. John laughed as well. Sherlock, was not laughing. He sat up straighter as if he was challenged.

"It wasn't even that good of a deduction. I could've done it in under five minutes," Sherlock defended himself.

"Well actually I did all that in my head just before you guys sat down. I was too busy looking at the menu for half an hour." Jade said innocently, making Mary laugh again.

Sherlock looked at everyone with a pouty face. The spotlight had been taken off of him. No one ever did that because he was usually the one making the deductions and making everyone's jaws drop. That was taken by Jade and he didn't like it at all.

"Well, if we're talking realistically here, it could be anyone in this restaurant. It could be that guy over there who is on a date with his wife's co worker or it could be that young man over there who is lying to his parents about a job he doesn't actually have. I don't see any solid evidence that shows that the people you pointed out could be the serial killer. Maybe, there is no serial killer at all. Maybe, there's not even a case. Maybe, you just wanted to go on a "date" with me and you invited John and Mary along so it wouldn't seem suspicious. And-" before he could go even further, Jade cut him off by putting a hand up.

"Listen, Sherlock. I'm flattered that you would think I would want to go on a date with you but that's not the case, at all. You're the last person I would go on a date with. Anyways, I'm here on an actual case. Lestrade told me about the murders and I thought the killer was going to be here tonight. Now hush up, the waiters coming."

---

After two hours of bickering between Sherlock and Jade, a three course meal, and lots of wine, the group was ready to leave the restaurant. Jade wasn't able to catch the killer but she had gotten more clues on where he would strike next. (Sherlock and her spent twenty minutes arguing about this.) She also figured out that the killer was indeed a male. Jade had paid the bill, leaving a tip as well before following the other three out.

"Thank you for dinner, Jade. It was enjoyable, to say the least." John thanked and Jade shook her head.

"It was no problem. I know it wasn't a normal dinner but I wanted someone to talk to about the case. I should be thanking you for putting up with me." Jade said politely, glancing at Sherlock who was still pouting. He was just upset that she had beaten him to almost every deduction he was going to make.

The married couple said their goodbyes, Sherlock mumbling a bye to them while Jade said a perky bye. When the car was out of her sight, Jade turned to the tall man in front of her.

"You need to stop being so butt hurt about everything. Just because you didn't get to make your little deductions doesn't mean you can act like a child about it." Jade said, poking him in the chest.

Sherlock narrowed his eyes down at her, standing up straighter. "I am not being butt hurt about anything."

"Pouting like a five year old is called being butt hurt. You know you can't be good at everything so I suggest you man up and accept that someone is finally as good as you."

Jade could tell that she had taken Sherlock by surprise. She felt proud of herself but didn't let it show. Well, she tried not to.

"You're proud of that, aren't you? You hardly stand up to people because when you do it ends up in fights. You're lucky I'm used to insults," Sherlock had a smirk plastered on his lips. Jade couldn't help but smile at him.

"Goodnight, Sherlock," Jade hugged herself as she called for a cab, getting in and driving away from the restaurant. 

A few minutes later Jade received a text.

Goodnight, Jade.
SH

A/N
this is such a mess because i had no inspiration. again, i'm sorry for any grammar mistakes.

best wishes
-lovelyyy64