Tory and Sherlock - Halloween

A/N

i literally have no interest of continuing the jade x sherlock short stories. i really enjoy writing for tory x sherlock. enjoy this mess of a short writing.

best wishes

-lovelyyy64

Tory walked out of the room wearing her fairy blue dress, trying to put on her heels as she did so. She was getting ready for a halloween party that John and Mary were throwing. She was going as a more modern Cinderella with a dress that was a little above her knees but nothing too much. She had black kitten heels to go with the dress and her hair was put up like Cinderella's was.

"Sherlock, could you zip up my- I thought you were getting ready?"

Sherlock was plastered at his desk, typing away at the keys of his laptop. He was slightly hunched over, reading over something and then continuing to type.

"I thought you were coming with me to the party?" Tory said, walking over to him to see what he was doing.

"You know I hate parties and dressing up. I'm not a child anymore so I shouldn't have to dress up." Sherlock acknowledged without looking away from the screen.

"But you promised that you would put up with this party. I told you that you didn't even have to dress up. John's going to be there, so you don't have to be around me the whole night. C'mon, please?" Tory tried to beg him, shaking his shoulder gently.

"People hiding behind masks? It's like a murder waiting to happen. I may love a good murder but I would rather be there after it happens. Besides, I don't want to see you in some silly costume because I much rather see you in those gym shorts and baggy shirt you're always wearing. You look so much more beautiful when you don't try," Sherlock tried to get on her good side but Tory knew exactly what he was doing.

"You know that doesn't work anymore," she said, rolling her eyes and leaning down to peck his lips quickly before returning to getting ready. "I could be the one getting murdered then you would have to look at my dead corpse. Do you want that?"

"You would be the most beautiful dead corpse I have laid my eyes on." Sherlock said in a sing song voice, Tory laughing.

"You really know how to make a girl swoon." Tory grabbed her purse and her coat, putting it on. "You owe me one for not going to this party, remember that," she said before going down the stairs.

"You probably won't even remember yourself!" Sherlock called.

"Love you!" Tory called back, not listening to what he said before she slammed the door to 221B and getting a cab to go to John and Mary's house.

---

Tory opened the door to the house, seeing more people. She knew most of the people there, most of them friends of Mary's and some from John's work. She said hello as she passed through the small crowd of people in the living room and went into the kitchen where she heard the sound of Mary's voice.

"Hey," Tory greeted her with a quick hug. "I love your outfit, makes you look like a badass spy."

"That's what I was going for." Mary laughed, grabbing a drink for Tory and handing it to her. "Where's Sherlock?" she asked, looking around.

"He's at the flat. He didn't want to come," Tory looked at her like "you know how he is" and she understood quickly.

"You should've just dragged him by the ear."

Tory laughed and agreed. "He would've been complaining the whole time and I wouldn't be able to reach his ear in the first place."

As the two girls chatted away, people said their hellos to them and grabbed drinks. As the night went on, some girls Tory didn't know approached them. Mary introduced them as coworkers. They must've been new because Tory didn't remember meeting them before.

"Isn't she the one dating the detective?" Tory heard one of them say as they grabbed themselves some drinks.

"If it is, wouldn't he be here?"

"What if they broke up?"

"I hope they did, what is so special about her that he would date her?"

Tory narrowed her eyes at them, restraining herself from smacking one of them in the face.

"Mary, I don't know if you're aware of this, but you work with a bunch of twats," grumbled Tory, Mary rubbing her shoulder.

"Don't worry about them, they drive me insane too. Eventually, you learn how to ignore them." Mary assured, clinking bottles of beer together and giggling.

---

The night was winding down and there were still a few people left at the party. Some included the obnoxious girls who were whispering about Tory and Sherlock. John had joined Mary and Tory, making small talk about what was going on in their lives and telling funny stories about each other. It was going well until the group of girls came over to say goodbye and thanks for the party.

"I'll see you monday, Mary. Nice to meet you, Tory. I'm sorry Sherlock couldn't make it, I was looking forward to meeting him as well." One of them said in a fake happy tone. It was very subtle but she was eyeing Tory like she did something wrong.

"Yeah, I'm sure he would've liked to meet you." Tory made sure her voice was laced with sarcasm and disgust, giving the girl a nasty look as she went to the door.

"Feisty, I didn't know you were so protective of Sherlock." John commented and Tory shrugged, leaning back on the couch.

"People should know when to back off. They obviously knew that we were still together and that I could break their arm in an instant if I wanted to." Tory tapped her fingers against her leg, calming down a bit.

"Let me guess, Sherlock taught you how?" Mary grinned, leaning against John's arm as they sat on the loveseat opposite of Tory.

"Oh, of course," Tory laughed. She was about to say something else before someone walked through the door. Tory saw a slim figure with curls atop their head.

"That's my girl, threatening to break people's arm when I'm not here. I'm so proud." Sherlock had a devilish smirk on his lips. Tory played with the end of her dress, laughing shyly. He made his way to where she was sitting and sat next to her.

"Glad I could make you proud." Tory joked, grabbing Sherlock's hand and intertwining their fingers.

"You would've made me more proud if you had actually done it."

"Maybe another party. But you'll have to come to see it happen." Tory teased, kissing his cheek and leaning on his arm like Mary was doing to John earlier.