Tory and Sherlock - What Did You Say?

A/N

this is a really boring story so i'm sorry in advance. enjoy.

best wishes

-lovelyyy64

Tory watched as Sherlock and John looked over a dead body. It seemed like a simple murder but Sherlock was taking a bit longer to figure this one out. It was either very faint poison or the person just died of a heat stroke because it was so hot. Tory held Sherlock's coat in her arms, walking around officers and yellow tape. She didn't know how to cool off, she was sweating just standing there in the scorching sun. She was even in shorts and a short sleeved top and it was still burning. As people were busy at work looking for clues or any leads, Donovan came up to her and just stood next to her. She gave a polite smile even if she didn't really like her. She was confused, why did Donovan just come stand by her? She obviously wasn't paying attention to the dead body and she was hoping Tory would ask her why she was standing right next to her to start a conversation. Tory just sucked it up and asked.

"So, you're working on this case too?" She asked, turning slightly toward her.

"I just come just in case Sherlock can't make it. He might be busy with other things, you know." Donovan directed the comment to her, Tory knew it. She was the other thing he would be busy with. Well, at least her and Sherlock aren't messing around with other people at night. She should be the one busy with things.

Tory nodded as if she wasn't phased by the comment and turned back to looking at Sherlock.

"How long have you and Sherlock been together? Or are you guys not together anymore? You never talk." She acts like she's so innocent, it makes Tory's stomach upset.

"He doesn't like to talk a lot during cases, I think it's obvious. I'm not going to go and bother him while he's working." Tory said, a nasty tone peeking through.

"Working? You call that working? He's probably high on something like he always is." Sally looks at Tory with a total bitch face but she returns it.

"He catches a murderer almost every week. It would take this whole lot of police months to find the killer of this guy. I don't know how he could do that when he's high..." Tory crossed her arms over her chest after putting Sherlock's jacket over her shoulder, deciding to ignore the curly haired woman for the rest of the time she was here.

"You're only defending him. I guess freaks do attract freaks." Donovan thought she got the last word as she was walking away.

Tory laughed, shaking her head. "At least I can find someone and not go over to my co workers flat in the middle of night to fuck." She made sure to say the last word quite loud, making people turn their heads. Donovan turned around and gave Tory a dirty look.

Tory smirked and wandered over to where Sherlock and John were, hearing bits of their conversation.

"There's no obvious signs of death, he hasn't been dead for long, and there are hardly any clues to point us in a direction." John muttered, wiping above his brow before standing up straight. Sherlock didn't stand though, kneeling down more and taking a deep breath of the guys jacket.

"Some kind of poison, but I don't see any insertion point." Sherlock looked over the body one more time before checking the belt that he was wearing. He saw a little hole drilled into the side of the belt toward the front of the body.

"We have a clever one on our hands." Sherlock said excitedly, standing up to go tell the discovery to Lestrade. Tory knew it was going to be a long night, smiling to herself and shaking her head.

She was going to get a cab for the three, knowing that they were going to need one in a few minutes. Sherlock was probably going to take them to some creepy location where he thought the next murder was going to happen.

"Seems like he actually found something. Surprisingly, considering how coked he is." Donovan skickered as she walked by Tory. This made her almost growl in anger. She stormed her way over to the detective and stood in front of her.

"Listen Sylvia-" Tory started off

"It's Sally-"

"I don't care," Tory snapped, standing close to her. "I don't know why you're so bitter to Sherlock. Maybe he did something to you, maybe he slept with your sister or something but I do know that you have no right to be taking out that anger on me. When I'm not here, you can call him a freak all you want, that's his problem. But when I'm standing three feet away from him and you're calling my boyfriend a drug addict and freak then it's my problem to. I suggest that you shut your mouth whenever I'm around or else we're going to have problems."

Sally seemed amused, cackling like a crazy witch. Or that's what it sounded like to Tory at least. "Do you think I'm scared of you? It's not like you're going to hurt me. You're just going to hide behind Sherlock like you always do."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Tory narrowed her eyes, stepping away from her and spitting at her feet before turning away.

"I didn't know Sherlock had a type. He always seems to go for the crazy ones." She heard Sally say. She turned around and lunged at her, kneeing her in the gut. She grabbed a firstful of her hair and yanked it up, grabbing her arm and twisting it behind her back. Oh, perfect timing. Sherlock and John were walking back from talking with Greg. John was the one to react first, jogging over.

"Tory what the hell? Let Sally go," he said, trying to pry her off.

"No way! She was being a bitch! She's lucky I don't break her arm." Tory snarled, her grip tightening and Sally grunting in pain.

"Tory, stop it. She's not worth it." Sherlock interjected, putting a hand on Tory's shoulder. Tory narrowed her eyes at Sally but let her go, brushing her hands off. "I was having fun," she grumbled, going to stand next to John while Sherlock talked to Donovan. She heard something like "I'm not going to stop her next time." This made her smile but John gave her a look like "don't even think about it."

"So, are we going home now?" Tory asked innocently, handing Sherlock his jacket. He took it and put it on despite the immense heat.

"We have to go find a murderer, Tory, of course we're not going home!" Sherlock said in his "duh" tone as he called down a cabbie.

"Oh yeah, should've known." Tory rolled her eyes and got in the middle of Sherlock and John.

"Easy, you already have your knickers in a bunch, we don't want to make it worse," snickered Sherlock, John laughing quietly along with him.

"I will jump out of this car," Tory grumbled, folding her arms over her chest.

"You don't like scrapes so you won't. Even if you do, you'll be complaining about how your arm is hurting and you're going to be begging me to get you a band-aid and I don't need to hear that for the next week."

"You put up with me, so that's saying a lot." Tory added quickly after, smiling up at him.

Sherlock muttered a "shut up" and John snickered how Sherlock was doing earlier.

"Both of you are so in love it's gross." John shook his head and pulled out his phone.

Sherlock and Tory both said "shut up" to John, which made him laugh even more.