Sherlock Meets Jade ... Againnn

Jade was on a case, working alongside Greg. She was looking at the dead body that lie near a car that had exploded in the middle of the night. The person was already dead before the bomb went off and it also seemed like the body was placed next to the car beforehand. It was definitely an interesting case. She was just dusting off her hands after examining the body when Greg approached her.

"Be prepared, Sherlock Holmes will be joining us today for the case." He said, a hint of annoyance in his tone. It was obvious that he didn't like this Sherlock guy.

"Who?" Jade asked, rubbing her temple as she tried to think of possible alibis for this crime.

"Sherlock Holmes? The one and only consulting detective? Have you not seen him in the paper?" Greg seemed shocked to find out that she didn't know who he was. Sadly, she would be burdened with knowing him soon.

"I don't read the papers. He must be famous if he's getting into them." Jade didn't sound wowed or shocked, probably just some private detective who doesn't know what he's doing.

"He might just be the competition you were asking for, Skilton." (her last name, fyi) Greg said, making Jade excited. She needed something to keep her on her toes, and all the boring cases she has been getting was not doing the trick. Greg knew that Sherlock was the one person to put Jade's skills to the test. He was also worried that they would butt heads during this case as well.

"Hopefully, I need someone who actually understands me when I speak. No offense." She smiled and Greg shook his head as if to say "none taken."

A few minutes passed and a car was pulling up to the crime scene. Jade was collecting a sample of blood from the dead corpse when she saw it park behind the yellow tape. Three people came out of the car. Donovan was the first one out. Then she saw a man with short dirty blonde hair. She thought she had seen his face before but she wasn't sure where. The last person she saw was... oh Lord. It was the guy from the café. The one she blew up on for trying to cut her in line. She was not excited to meet him for a second time but she prepared herself for some snarky remarks. She walked over to the three and gave a tiny, tiny smile.

Greg came over to introduce them to each other. "Jade, this is John Watson and Sherlock Holmes." Jade knew instantly which one was which. John Watson was the shorter one, and much kinder looking. He was probably just someone the Sherlock fellow dragged along to his cases. By the way he was standing she could tell that he had done some military work. Probably in Afghanistan, not a pilot... didn't work with the navy... doctor. Now, onto Sherlock Holmes. She had already picked him apart at the café but there was something new about him. He wasn't keeping eye contact, which was one thing he did the last time she saw him. He was doing anything to look anywhere but her face. She ignored this though, holding out her hand to John first.

"Yes, I believe we've met. The café on Baker Street, I think?" Jade said, shaking John's hand with a firm grip. She moved her hand over to shake Sherlock's even if she didn't want to. He didn't take it, though. She pulled her hand back, letting out a somewhat deep huff to show that she didn't like being around him.

"Ah, yes, I remember. You paid for our food. I never got to thank you for that," said John as he glanced at Sherlock who just seemed to be staring down Jade.

"It's no problem, I didn't want to seem too mean to your friend and make a bad impression," She joked a little, John chuckling a bit. She picked at her nails as she waited for Sherlock to say something. He seemed to have a puzzled look on his face as he took her in.

John shook his head. "I'm sorry about him, he does this a lot. He would've said something by now, probably something offensive."

"Oh, I'm sure," Jade turned around, walking toward the crime scene. "Come on, I can show you what I've found out already," She said, not waiting to see if they were following her.