Tory and Sherlock - Game Night

A/N

this is very random but i like it, it's one of my favorite writing i've done so far. also, i'm going to starting putting the author's note at the beginning so people actually read it.

best wishes

-lovelyyy64

Tory sat on the couch in the living room of 221B, staring at the turned off TV quietly. She was drinking tea and listening to Sherlock discuss a case with John. They had been at it for the whole day, leaving for a few hours to go searching but then coming back after finding nothing. She would've been watching TV or listening to music but it disrupted Sherlock's thinking and he had ranted to her many times before about it. So she was stuck in silence as John was looking at his laptop and Sherlock was looking at a wall of papers and pictures.

"Okay, we have to do something else. John, you look like you could use a beer, want a beer? I'll get you a beer," Tory said, getting up and going to the kitchen.

John looked at her puzzled but didn't question it. "Thanks." He closed the laptop and looked over at Sherlock.

Tory grabbed two beers from the fridge, trying not to touch the hand that was next to them. She walked back to the living room and handed John his beer. She opened her beer and drank from it, going to the bedroom and bending down to get a box from under the bed. The box said Twister. She pranced into the living room and placed the box on the floor, unpacking the mat and clearing a space to put it.

"Alright, we're playing Twister." Tory pulled up the app on her phone so it could call out the directions. "John, would you like to play?"

"Erm, I don't think I should. I might break something." John chuckled nervously, knowing he couldn't get out of it.

"That's fine, there's no fun if there's no challenge." Tory dragged him over as he was taking a swig from the beer bottle. "Sherlock, come on. Take a break from that."

Sherlock shook his head. "Not now, I'm in the middle of something." He muttered, barely listening to her.

"I see that, but-"

"Then why do you interrupt if you see I'm busy?"

Tory glared at the back of his head but just left him be for now. "Fine then, John and I will have fun by ourselves." She huffed and started the game so the first direction was called out.

---

Three rounds in, Tory had won one and John had won one. The third round would determine who was the Twister champion. The two had gotten into the game and at the end of each round, they would take a drink of beer. They were on the borderline of being tipsy and not being tipsy.

"Okay, bring it Watson." Tory said in a challenging tone, putting her left hand on green when the first direction was given.

"Don't go too easy on me, Tory." John said in the same tone, placing his right foot on red.

"I wouldn't dream of doing that." Tory put her right foot on blue.

Left hand on yellow.

Right hand on blue.

Right foot on green.

After a long string of commands, Tory was in a crab position with one of John's legs over her. John had the upper hand in this round since he wasn't in a difficult position while Tory was twisted around John's legs.

"Might as well give up now." John mocked as he moved his hand to another easy position.

"Oh hell no. I have come too far to give up." Tory let out a breathe once she got an easy move, just moving her hand one space on red.