CHAPTER 4

[Shinra house]

Celty walk into their house to the living room. She still cannot remove the previous meeting with Izaya. What she can guess is Izaya had been keeping something from, not only towards Shinra, but maybe to everyone. However, she still cannot remove her curiosity.

“My darling, Celty. How’s your work today?” Shinra hug Celty from behind.

Celty just remain unmoved. Then, she begins typing on her PDA. [ShinraCan I ask you something]

“Of course you can, my darling. What’s the matter? Is it about your work?”ask Shinra.
.
.

[No. But it is about….Izaya. During your school day, is it something that bothers you about Izaya’s conditions?]

“Izaya?... I think there’s nothing different in his personality either before or now days. He is still the same old Izaya I knew during the middle school.”

[It is not about his personality. But…maybe something, about his action, condition or anything that you find it is unusual for him]

“Emm…. Give me a little bit of time to remember it. Something odds apart from his personality….”

Shinra close his eyes as he tries to rewind his moment with Izaya during their school days. Beside him, Celty await, in hope there is a hint to link with the current occurrence.

“Owh, yes! I remember it now. There is several time during our middle and high school, Izaya had been absent from the school for quite a long time, sometimes about one month. When I asked Izaya, he said that it is due to his work.”

[Have you ever asked his family during that time?]

“Of course, I asked about it to his twin little sister. But, both of them said that Izaya rarely at home.” Said Shinra as he study the odd behavior of his beloved person.

Celty remain silent, thinking and linking the past with the occurrence event.

‘I knew it. He had been “like that” from a long time. Why does he keep silent about it? Based on the light intensity, he….. What should I do?’

“…Celty, what happen? Is it something about Izaya? Does something bad happen to Izaya?” ask Shinra.

[Nothing. It just that…suddenly I remember about Izaya] Celty show his PDA to Shinra.

[Look at the time. It is already quite late. I’m sorry to keep you wait for me until this late. I go to the bathroom first] Quickly, Celty walk to her room, escape from further question from Shinra.

‘I am sorry, Shinra. I already promise to Izaya.’

On the other hand, Shinra already had quite suspicious about Celty behavior and Izaya.

‘Celty never ask me anything about Izaya, unless there is something that piques her. If she doesn’t want to tell me about it, then I’ll find it. ‘ 

[Morinaga house]

Izaya still sleep on the bed. His wet cloths had been change to warm and clean cloths. Several machines keep beeping near to him and two IV bag attached to his right bed post.

Morinaga sit on the chair beside Izaya bed. Sometimes, he will check his brother condition and the machine.

Softly, he strokes Izaya’s hair. When he reminds to the past incident, he cannot stop from being nervous. It is not the first time the same thing happened, but based on Izaya current conditions, it could be fatal if he has being late.
.
.