CHAPTER 8

[Izaya house]

Morinaga packed several clothes in Izaya’s wardrobe. Izaya still sleeps, after the encounter with Shizuo. Even in his sleep, Izaya keep on crying. Gently, Morinaga wipe the tears.

“What kind of dreams that keeps on hurting you, Iza-chan? What I should do to ease your pains? It hurt me when I see you like this, Iza-chan.”
.
.
.
“I really should kill you!! I really hate you!!!”

“YOU…SHITTY FLEA! Who is love you? I am really sure that all humanity despises you and praying for your death.”

Those words keep on repeating in Izaya’s dream. Additional nightmares that will keeps on haunting him. No matter how much he pleading for it to stop, it never ending continues.

“I am sorry. Please forgive me…..” plead Izaya in his dream.

Unable to keep seeing Izaya crying even in his sleep, Morinaga gently shake him up.

“…Iza…Izaya….Izaya, wake up. Please, Iza-chan. Wake up for me.” Morinaga wipe the trail of tear from Izaya’s face.

Slowly, Izaya open his eyes. Pair of red eyes look directly to the another blue eyes that full of worry. Morinaga smile.

“How are you, Izaya? Still tired?” ask Morinaga, concern on Izaya’s condition.

Izaya shake his head. “…Nii-san…I am so sorry. I keep on breaking our promise.”

“Its ok, Izaya. Let’s get you ready. I already packed several clothing and others necessities. If you have others thing that you want to bring along, take it because we will not going back to here for a while.”

‘So, I cannot go back here for a while. I don’t want to be far from him, but….’

“Izaya, do you hear me?”

“Yes. I just need to bring along my laptop and others documents along. Can I make a phone call before we go?“

Morinaga stop at the front door of the room. “To whom you want to call? Is it Shizuo?” ask Morinaga.

“Not Shizu-chan, but my assistance. I need to inform her that I will not be here for a while, so she didn’t need to come here.” Izaya pick his phone and make calls on Namie.

“Namie, it is me, Izaya. You didn’t need to come here starting tomorrow onwards until I inform to you. Take this as a vacation with your beloved brother. Don’t worry; I will deposit your monthly salary as usual. Then, see you later.”

Izaya put his phone on the bed once he finishes talking with Namie. He still feels a bit tired, but he cannot keeps on worrying Morinaga. Slowly he is getting off the bed to the shower. His phone once again rings, show new massages in.

“Should I reply it first? Nah, I need to get ready first, or else Morinaga will keep on nagging me.”

Izaya go directly into the washroom, leave his phone on the bed without checking the sender.

[In Ikebukuro – Shinra house]

“Why does you suddenly asking about Izaya, Shizuo? You never ask me anything about him, since our high school day until now.” Ask Shinra, pique his interest.

Shizuo remain in silence. He is in dilemma, either to ask or not. But curiosity win over his pride.

“Shinra, I just….It just that…..how should I say about it. That flea is become really weird. Last 2 days ago, as usual he comes to disturb with my job. But, when I meet with him…he is not like his usual self, keep asking me question that he already knew the answer. So, I thought maybe you knew something about him.”

“How unusual is he, Shizuo?”

“He…looks weak. Well, he is weak, but he never look very weak than his usual. His face been really pale and when I touch his hand, it feels really cold. It seems like he is sick. That why, I am asking you, Shinra. Did he come and get treatment from you?”
.
.
“Well Shizuo, the truth is I had never met with Izaya since early of this month. It is same for the phone call. He would never call me unless it is important or he needs some information.” said Shinra. It is true that he didn’t get chance to meet with Izaya for this month. But, he can make an assumption based on the information that he bet from Shizuo and the matter that Celty ask him previously.

‘I guess that Izaya is hiding something importance from us.’

“Well Shizuo, if it is true that Izaya is sick, what will you do? Do you still want to kill him?” ask Shinra.

Shizuo stay still. “I don’t know, Shinra. I do hate him for the things that he had done. But, I never seriously thought to kill him. It is just that… I also not sure about myself, Shinra.”

Shinra just sighing seeing his friend. Neither both of them were sincere with their own feeling. He know that Izaya never hate Shizuo, and the same for Shizuo.

“I never know about Izaya’s conditions. He never let me to do any check up on him. During our school days, there is sometimes that Izaya will absent from school for quite a long time. But whenever I ask neither our teacher nor his family members, they never said anything. “ Shinra still remember on it because whenever he want to check on him, Izaya would always giving an excuses.

“Hey Shinra, does Izaya had an older brother? “ ask Shizuo as he just remember on his meeting with Morinaga.

“Nope. He is the oldest and he had twin little sister. Why?”

“Never mind on that. Oh yeah, there is one more thing that I would like for you to check, Shinra.” Shizuo take out the bottle that he took from Izaya’s house.

“I found this bottle in his house. But I do not know what it is. I give this to you; maybe you know what the content.” He put the bottle on the table. Shinra took it and read on the label.

‘Omacetaxine mepesuccinate? Didn’t this drug that is used to treat cancer. Why? Don’t tell me that he…’
.
.
.
“Shinra…Oi, Shinra!” shout Shizuo as he see Shinra unmoving after seeing the bottle.

“Owh, I am sorry, Shizuo. Just get lost in thought.”

“Say Shinra, what is it about that bottle? Did you know something?” ask Shizuo.

‘I cannot say it to Shizuo. If he knew it, he will be furious. I better keep quiet about it’

“I need to check on it first. Later I will tell you, Shizuo. Well, while we wait for Celty to come back, how about we cook something for lunch. It is already past 12. How about you, Shizuo? Will you lunch together with us?” Shinra try to distract Shizuo.

“Well, of course. Let me help you prepare it.” As thay walk together to the kitchen.

‘I am sorry, Shizuo, but I need to confirm it. I just hope it is not as I suspected.’
.
.
.
.
Later on that night, Shinra make a phone call to his old friend, but not using his own phone. He knew that Izaya will not take his phone call if he knew it. After a while, the receiver takes on his call.

“Orihara Izaya speaking. May I know who is on the phone?”

“Izaya, it is me, your best friend, Shinra.”

“….Shinra, what a surprise! Whose number is this? Why did you call me? Did Celty already run away from you?”

“Neh…Celty would never leave me. Izaya, can we meet up? I have something that I need to ask you, in secret.”
.
.
“…About what?”

“…Omacetaxine mepesuccinate. Why did you have it, Izaya?"