CHAPTER 6

[8 hour before..]
.
.
‘Beep…Beep…Beep…’

Although his eyes still closed, his ears catch the beeping sounds from the machine near to him.

‘I am still alive. How long does this time I had been sleep?’ Slowly, Izaya opened his eyes. As usual, the first thing that will greet him will be the familiar white ceiling and the similar surrounding around him. On his right side, gently snore could be heard.

Since that day, Morinaga would sleep near to Izaya whenever it’s happen. Gently, Izaya stroke Morinaga’s head.

“..Morinaga, wake up… Nii-san...…Nii-san, please wake up….”

‘He must be really tired. Once he in deep sleep, it is very difficult to wake him up. What should I do?’ Izaya smirk as an idea appears.

‘This should be….’ Taking a depth breath, he moves near to Morinaga ear.
.
.
“…Oni-chan….Oni-chan, wake up…Iza-chan is hungry…..” Said Izaya, as softly as possible.

Instantly, Morinaga wake up and stood up. With unkempt hair and face, he rushes to the kitchen.

“I am really sorry, Iza-chan. Oni-chan will make breakfast immediately….”Morinaga stop as he just realizes what just happen. As he turns around, the supposedly sick person had been silently laughing at him. Izaya cannot hold his laughter as he burst it.

“HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA…You face is so hilarious. I should have recorded this. It is really rare to see the great and cool Morinaga-sensei become so clumsy.”

Morinaga walk to still laughing Izaya. With both of his hand, he pinches to the cheeky cheek.

“Are you that happy to see me like this, Izaya? Do you know how long it is for you to call me “Oni-chan” sweetly? Before, you always call me like that. It is really heaven for me. Where does my little angel disappear and change into this little devil?”

“..Wha…I am not little devil, but maybe slightly become a little bit naughty.” With the answer, both of them just laughing. Suddenly, Izaya hug Morinaga. Morinaga didn’t say anything, but return the hug. Both of them just keep hugging quiet for a long time.

“….I’m sorry…for keeping you worrying about me.”

“It is ok, Izaya. I just really glad that nothing terrible happen to you.”

Heart beats resonate from the small body already enough for Morinaga. Although he already faced the same circumstance, he still cannot remove his insecurities on Izaya’s health. If possible, he wants to keep him under his surveillance for 24 hour. But for sure, Izaya will against it. He still remembers once he and his family proposed for Izaya to stay with them at overseas for advance treatment. However, he refused it.

“Nii-san, can you send me back to Shinjuku. I still have work that I need to do.”

“Cannot you just do your work here? Your spare computer is still in the room. Or does you want to meet with him, Izaya?” ask Morinaga as he suspected that Izaya want to meet with Shizuo. Izaya keep on silent. He knows that nothing that he can hides from the Morinaga’s family.

“I will not allow it. YOU STAY HERE!!! If you didn’t listen to me, maybe I need to tell mother about yesterday incident. So, what is your decision?”

“…Urgh… It will be worsen if mother know about it. Fine!! I stay here with you today, but we still need go to Shinjuku to take some of my items.”

“We will go after I finish with my work today. Rest and do your work in this house for today. And, if I know that you slip away,… Do I need to tell you the consequence for it?”