CHAPTER 5

[Shizuo house]

Shizuo had gone back to his house. After taking the bath, he pick-up a glass of milk before lying on the bed.

“…Why is he like that, unlike his usual self?” mutters by himself.

After his encounter with Izaya, Shizuo cannot stop thinking and keep remembering Izaya’s action. He still remembers the unusual cold sensation when he grabs Izaya hands. Seeing Izaya on verge of cry as he is non-stop shivering after hear his answer. Keep thinking of Izaya cause a mix of emotion in him. Anger, irritate, confusing and other emotion that himself cannot recognized. A single high note inside his chest.

“Argh!!! Why does the flea keep appear in my mind? Does he still not satisfy by disturbed my daily life? And now, even in my mind. He is truly a flea. Tomorrow I’ll find him and give him a punch for keep disturbing me.” Said Shizuo as he grabs the blanket and sleep. 
.
.

In the next day, it feels like a long day for Shizuo. His hope for meeting with Izaya was not achieved. What’s more is he didn’t see not the owner himself, but even a glimpse of shadow or smell around the Ikebukuro. It makes Shizuo become more irritated. Before the end of the day, he decides to ‘visit’ Izaya at Shinjuku.

“Tom-san, if you allowed, I would like to take an early leaves today.”

“Sure, you can. May I knew the reason.” Ask Tom.

“I want to the check the flea at Shinjuku. I know he is up to something since he didn’t come near to Ikebukuro.”

Tom shake his head, thinking just how bad the relationship between Shizuo and Izaya.

“ Well, it is not my concern what you want to do to Izaya. But, I think you should stop think negatively about him all the time. It is not like he ever done something really cruel to you or others. Except, his job as the informant. But, as far I know him and see how he interact with you and his others friends, he still like a normal person.”

“NO, Tom-san!! Don’t you ever deceived by his lies. He is nothing like normal person.  He is like a fox, like to deceiving people life for his fun.” Said Shizuo as he become more irritate when he remember their past.

“I am not imposing my opinion on you. Just stated what my opinion on him is. Well, just don’t kill him without any valid reason, Shizuo.”

“…I HOPE, Tom-san.” As he go the station to the Shinjuku.

[Shinjuku]

“Oi, flea!! Open the door before I break it down.” Shout Shizuo as he continuously knocks the door.

Slowly, the door is open, but the person appear in front of him is not Izaya, but his assistant, Namie.

“Izaya is not around, or I could say he is not here since I come here this morning. And if you need something from him, feel free to stay inside here, while I am going back right now.” said Namie, annoying by the series of the knocks. She goes inside and takes her handbag.

“If you want to leave, you can lock the door or maybe you can just leave it open.” As she handed the key of Izaya’s house to Shizuo and walk fast him.

Still dumbfound by the Namie’s fast act, Shizuo just walk inside of the house. Absent-mindedly, he just walks around the house. Checking if the flea just hiding himself from him. Inside of Izaya’s bedroom, something catches his eyes. A couple of small bottle, along with others unknown pill were placed inside of small box that’s placed deep inside the cupboard in the wash room. Of course, he didn’t know what the medicine for, unless he is Shinra. But, for sure, he suspected that Izaya had been hiding something from him.

Suddenly, he heard foot step and closed the door from the downstairs.

‘It seems Izaya is already back and he is not alone’. Thought Shizuo as he heard another voice along with Izaya. Quickly, he grabs one of the bottles and quickly goes to Izaya.

“Oi, Flea!! Where are you all this day? What are the other evil plan had you been planned?”  Shout Shizuo from the upstairs, gives a big surprise to Izaya and the others.

“Wha…What and how did you get into my house, Shizu-chan?”

“Well, your assistant already gives me permission to enter here. And as for why I come here, because I need to check on you. If not, who know what kind of disastrous plan had you plan and done.” As he walk down the stairs to Izaya.

Izaya stay near to the others as he afraid if Shizuo try to do anything to him, since he is still in weak condition.

“…Wow, it is nice to see that Shizu-chan actually really miss me. For your information, Shizu-chan, I didn’t do anything today since I am not in here or at Ikebukuro either. And, as you can see I have a visitor right now. If you don’t have any others business, please leave.”

Annoyed by Izaya’s, Shizuo grab Izaya roughly and lift him.

“I really should kill you!! I really hate you!!! You should just disappear, not just from my sight, but from this entire world!!!“ as he lift Izaya more higher and ready to throw him down. Before he could do that, a strong hand stopped it.

“Stop it!! What Izaya had done to you that make you acts like this? Cannot you see how is he right now? Release him or else, I’ll do something to you.” Said Morinaga, as he is the others person that tag along with Izaya.

“What the heck is with you!! He is the same as…” before Shizuo could finish it, he felt a weak and icy grip from Izaya. As he looks carefully to the others, he can see Izaya is not like his usual self. He is not attacked him. Furthermore, he looks paler and tears start form at the corner of his eyes.

Stunned by the sight in front of him, Shizuo loose his grip and Izaya eventually fell down. Quickly, Morinaga carry Izaya to his room, leaving Shizuo alone.
.
.
.

“Izaya, take a depth breath and try to calm down.” Instruct Morinaga.

“…Nii-san…Nii-san…He..Shizu-chan didn’t want me, Nii-san….” cried Izaya sofly.

“Shuush….It is not true. Just rest and sleep. Don’t think about the others. I’ll be here for you, Izaya.” Softly crease Izaya head.  

About 10 minutes later, Izaya finally calm down and sleep.  Morinaga went down stair, knew that Shizuo still in the house.

“Izaya is already sleeping.”
.
.
….”What happen to Izaya and who are you? I had never seen you before.” Ask Shizuo.

“If you want to know, maybe you should ask him by yourself. As for who am I, you could said that I am the one who know the truth about Izaya.”

Notice that he will not getting any answer to all his question, Shizuo decide to leave the house. Before he leaves, Morinaga told him something that really confusing.
.
.

“Even one day you all know the truth; it is already too late for us. Take my advice, please don’t hurt Izaya anymore.”

‘What does he means by too late?’