Easy there cowboy (19)

Miyako's POV

Now, I'm not really sure why, but I have always found watching fights, boring? I mean not all fights, just a vast majority of them. I always find that its the same. Someone wins and someone doesn't. Even if it's a draw, one person beats themselves up about not coming out on top while the other rejoices. I mean, I obviously don't find my fights boring, because I don't have to watch them. But I've gotta admit this fight is interesting, maybe its because I don't know the jutsu's they are using, I don't know the limits of what the two sides can do. But , this two vs three is intriguing.

After a good  five minutes of watching I think I've got my own teams chakra natures down. Aina is earth and Naoki is wind. Now the other teams are a little bit harder to deduct, they've been on the defence, using bare minimum attacks. Now Renjiro had shown his, it was fire (Naoki had been able to nullify the fire attack with wind). Renjiro's companions chakra nature is unknown to me. 

Our opponents  team seemed to similar to that of my own (by that I mean Team Seven.) Renjiro seemed to be the knucklehead, the other boy was the wrong silent type and Kaiyo had the vocals of a siren, loud. Unfortunately for them, they were missing the best part, a me; a beautiful, strong, smart, funny, witty, caring, perfect person. I'm not a narcissist I swear.

"Naoki!" Aina screeched, he'd been pummelled into the ground by a huge boulder, I scanned the area, the boy with the unknown name was smirking, way to make it obvious. Naoki was fine though, just shaken up. I think my team finally realised that we are evenly matched with them.  Seeming as I was out of popcorn, I looked at the other team, something caught my eye, a certain scroll. The girl had it. 

I stood up thinking that it would change the projection of my voice, "The girl has the scroll!" My two teammates looked up to me, almost as if they had forgotten I was there, the other team gave me the same look. Wow, am I really that forgettable? "Are you sure?" Naoki asked in his small voice, is small the right word to use?

Are you illiterate?

Shut it. I nodded as in response to Naoki. The two smiled, they finally knew their target. "Run Kaiyo!" Renjiro shouted. The green haired girl ran off to the left. Aina went to go run that way but the other two stopped her in her tracks. "Sorry we can't have you taking our scroll." the no named one said. Aina grimaced, but then obviously had an idea as she smiled. What idea could she possible have, her and Naoki are trapped and she's told me to stay here, and unfortunately I'm loyal to my bets. "Miyako, go get the scroll." Aina said while making eye contact. Well thank the heavens, something to do.  I rushed to the left, having a height advance in the trees, the other two couldn't block me in time, I'm sure my team will be able to handle them.

Kaiyo's POV

Gotta run. Don't stop running. Someone's got to be running after me. I just need to go to our meeting point, I'll go there and wait for the others. We still have over two days to get the other scroll. I looked behind me to see the white haired girl who identified me to be harbouring the scroll, she was quite far behind. Unknowingly I bumped into someone, someone I should not have. I looked up to apologise, only to met by empty sea green eyes. I must have visually gulped as the two behind him sent me a sympathetic look. 

His hollow eyes wondered down to the scroll I had been clinging to so desperately. His voice was empty as well as he said the word, "Earth." The girl stood behind him heard him and responded with, "Gaara, come on we have enough scrolls, just leave her." His eyes darkened, "Shut up Temari." I took a second to look at the surroundings, fresh blood was smeared over the ground as well as a pile of dead bodies. Before I could send out a scream, I was engulfed in sand, is this the end? Oh please, don't let it be. My tears were absorbed by the sand. I'm so sorry mum, I know I promised I'd come back.

"Easy there cowboy." A familiar voice said, it's her! The girl who was following me, will she help me? Why would she I'm her enemy, she needs the scroll off me. Is she insane? Confronting this lunatic is pretty much a free death wish. Although, she did help, the sand loosed a little when she spoke, giving me a tiny bit of air.  

Third Person POV

Miyako stood slightly nervous, she should have constructed a plan before rushing in. "Now can't we just settle this over a heated game of uno?" Miyako said almost jokingly. Keyword being almost. Sand slowly snaked its way to Miyako's feet. Temari looked worriedly at our protagonist, even though they hadn't known each other long she had been the best friend that Temari had ever had. For one she wasn't  friends with her just because she was scared of her brother, which at this very moment Miyako should have been, but she was oddly calm. 

A plan in her mind, that she hoped would work, Miyako allowed the sand to drag her. She presumed, and hoped that he'd put both and Kaiyo together, and much to her pleasure he did. When both in sand Miyako reached for her hand, it took her a while, she had about forty seconds before she ran out of breath. Arm touching hers, Miyako performed some hand signs, she wanted to do a substitution. She had no idea if she could bring Kaiyo with her, but she had to hope. With one last breath, Miyako completed the jutsu.

Surprise, I'm alive, only took me a month to update. Sorry for that btw. But I just want to say, thanks you for 14.6k reads, thats amazing. Also thank you for rank 22 in team7, like wow. If you told me that I'd achieve this when I started this, I'd laugh and say good one, I would have said that 3 months ago too, and probably yesterday too. But thank you, so sosoososos much. Enjoy your day or night, baiyiyiyyyyiiiayyayyi.