Those Fucking Hunters

I woke up to the sun's bright rays blanketing my face. I blinked several times before I rose and saw Will sitting with his legs criss cross on top of his blankets.

"Did you get adequate rest, Lillian?"

I chuckled at his speech before responding, "I did. I hope you did too?"

He simply smiled and stood.

I furrowed my brows but decided to let it be. Instead I stretched and got out of bed, pulling up the covers to make it look neat.

"You hungry?"

He nodded before taking a seat on my bed, "very."

I opened my mini fridge and took out two blood bags for him and a pre-made peanut butter and jelly sandwich for me.

I tossed him one of the bags and put the other beside him. I sat by his side and took a bite of my sandwich, sighing happily.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

William's random question threw me off. "What do you mean?"

"Well, normally, today would be the day that an owner would go over rules, jobs, and expectations. However, you have yet to do so and, please don't take offense, are quite clearly not a normal owner."

I paused, unsure of how to respond. "Well, um. My mom made me buy you- well not you in particular she just wanted me to buy a- um yea so I really don't know."

"Hmm," he ran a veiny hand through his short, dark brown hair. His brown eyes focused on me before glancing around my room. "I suppose I'm just... here, then?"

"I suppose so. Have you ever watched tv?"

"Sometimes. We didn't have one at my home and there were few privileges at the auction houses," He narrowed his brown eyes in obvious annoyance.

"Houses as in plural?"

"Yes, I've been put in several. My owners never keep me, because I am too much of a 'troublemaker.'"

Troublemaker? He's much too cute for that.

I realized he was grinning at me and mentally facepalmed.

He can read minds, you idiot.

"You're not an idiot," he said, still grinning.

I blushed, "Ah, whatever. Let's watch a movie." I grabbed the remote from my bedside table and laid down. I turned on the tv before I realized that Will was still just sitting there looking at the screen.

"Are you gonna lay down?"

He nodded and slowly slid down onto the bed. I turned on The Fault in Our Stars and set the remote down. I had finally finished the book and wanted to watch the movie now.

While the movie was playing, I looked over at Wil and thought about the previous night. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, he was a good-looking ma- vampire. He was muscular and toned. Not only that, but I now know he definitely wasn't lacking in the-

Oh my god, stop you perv. This ain't like one of those books. Watch the movie.

I chose to watch the movie instead of replaying the scene of a naked William in my mind. We had reached the end of the movie with her reading the letter when Will glanced over and realized I was wiping away tears.

"Why are you crying?"

"Its just sad."

"But it's only a film based on a fictional storyline." He looked thoroughly confused, which was kind of cute.

"I know, I know. I just always get attached to characters in books and movies and stuff. Don't mind me."

He sat up to wipe my tears away with his thumb, "don't cry."

"I'm fine, I promise," I let out a little chuckle.

"Okay. Well.. what now?"

"Let's just talk for now. Get to know each other a little better," I suggested.

"Alright. What do you want to know?"

"How old were you when you were turned into a vampire?" I asked after a couple of seconds.

He chuckled deeply, "I wasn't turned. I was born."

"Really? How long ago?" In astonishment, I continued asking questions.

"Nineteen years," he shrugged, "give or take a year."

"Then how come you talk all 'pre-twentieth-century' like? Shouldn't you talk like I do?"

"No. My parents were pre-twentieth century vampires. They raised me in a home I was never allowed to leave because of the war. So, naturally, I speak like them."

"How'd you end up out here?"

I regretted the question the minute it left my mouth. I watched as his brown eyes became that deep red again. This time, however, they were a lot less beautiful and a lot more frightening. The voice that had been soft and sort of comforting had become gravelly and more of a growl.

"Because they killed every vampire in my home. All except for me. The helpless little sixteen year old. Those fucking hunters just-"

His focus shifted to the hand I had put on his forearm as his eyes flickered between red and brown. Once they had settled on brown, he looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry," he muttered softly.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I gave him a quick hug, feeling him tense under my touch and then relax. "You okay?"

Why did I do that? I don't hug people.

He nodded, "a lot better now."

"Good. Want to watch another movie?"

"Yes, let's do that."