Headaches Make Him Bipolar ?

"Thanks for the food. I'm gonna go back to my room now. Come on, William," I wiped my mouth with a napkin and cleared my throat.

Breakfast had been awkward. No one spoke, and we ate in an uncomfortable silence. Refusing to stay in the awkward situation, I ate quickly and went back to my room with William in tow.

I grabbed a book and laid down on my bed to read. I was almost done with the chapter when William's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Are you going to answer my question?" William arched a brow.

I thought for a moment, slightly confused. "What question?"

He sighed before getting up from his makeshift bed on the floor and coming over to my bed. He laid down beside me, stretching.

"Do you think of me that way often?"

I blushed and chose not to further my embarrassment by answering him. His bluntness was also a contributor to my silence.

"Can I take that as a yes?"

"No."

"Well, then say something. Give me an answer."

"Don't talk to me that way William."

"Please?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe you do, or maybe you don't?"

"Just maybe," I said rolling my eyes with a hint of a smile.

He smiled, "I suppose maybe is good."

I laughed. "Are you satisfied now?"

"Yes. By the way, they showed vibrant lust. It was beautiful."

"What?" I have no idea what's he's talking about.

He chuckled, "nothing."

"Whatever. Let me read."

He laughed again, but cut the laugh short and let out a short breath through his nose. He sucked in a long breath before clearing his throat, "I'm gonna rest for a little. Is that okay?"

"Yea that's alright," I nodded at him and he smiled at me before making himself comfortable. His smile faded a second later, and he brushed a hand through his hair, pausing to wince. He nodded and turned away from me. I chose to let him rest on my bed because I didn't really mind. He seemed really comfortable already anyway. While I read and he rested, I heard my mom and Ethan leave.

It would have been nice of them to say something before leaving the house.

I rolled my eyes, but continued reading. After a while, I got tired of my book and turned on my tv. I heard William let out a pained groan, but I wrote it off as a bad dream and turned the tv down so it wouldn't bother him.

Maybe he was dreaming of the hunters.

I rubbed his back in sympathy, and he relaxed a bit. I was watching Everything, Everything when I felt a new weight on my stomach. When I looked down, I saw that William had turned over, and his arm landed on my stomach.

I tried to pry his arm off of me, but he only cuddled closer and sighed with a content smile. I sighed and focused back on the movie, not wanting to bother him.

I felt like the astronaut and the girl in the movie right now. Trapped. I hadn't seen him sleep, so I was curious, but I didn't want him all over me because it made me feel weird. I don't know why it made me feel that way but it was a comfortable kind of weird feeling, and that scared me.

His face was in my neck and I could feel every deep breath he took. Every exhale fanned across my neck. He groaned again and his arm tightened around me.