Figuring It Out

TW: Rape and Torture

I was wrong. Totally was not going where I thought it was going at all. That would explain a lot, though.

"Like what?"

"I'm sorry... huh?"

"You thought that it would explain a lot. Like what? What would it explain?"

"It would explain how or why you're so attracted to me-"

"Incorrect. You're simply attractive. Try again."

I rolled my eyes and continued. "It would explain the look on your face and your reaction every time I would touch you. Like when I would grab your hand or wrist to lead you somewhere," I paused. "You felt it then, didn't you."

He only furrowed his brows and nodded.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

He bit his lip and closed his eyes, his brows still pushed together in either confusion or concern. I couldn't tell which.

"I- I'm only nineteen! Obviously I have never had a mate before because we only get one. I never even got the chance to court a girl in the kingdom, not that I would have if given the chance. I didn't see the point in trying if there was someone out there who was literally made for me.

"Not to mention the fact that I am me and you're a human and to your fellowman I am less than an animal. And to my kind, you're apart of the species that threw us into torture and loss. I mean, logically you and I together would never make sen-"

I cut him off with a kiss, my heart aching for him and thoughts the he has been having probably since I brought him here. I held his face in my hands and caressed the side of his cheek, feeling the stubble growing there.

I only pulled away when I needed to breathe, laying my head on his chest. He was only nineteen, though he hasn't experienced most things any nineteen year old has.  He has had the unfortunate circumstance to experience a lot of things a nineteen year old shouldn't, though. Most of which I didn't know because he wouldn't tell me..

I could see now why this was stressing him so badly. At the same time I wonder why he didn't tell me earlier and take this load off his shoulders, I try to figure out how I'm supposed to feel about the information he just relayed to me.

He shouldn't have to deal with all of this by himself.

I'm his mate? Wow. I mean, at least I don't have to ever open up to any boy because the one meant for me is right here. And I don't think I would exactly qualify him as a boy.

Would I be okay being with him for forever? As in for the rest of my life? If mother was shamed at me not having a slave, surely she'd be ashamed of me being mated to a vampire.

I think I was okay with that. She can shame me all she likes. I have been shamed by most of my peers since I was a kid, and we werenever really close anyway. It would hurt, but I would be okay. I was always okay.

"Well then, William. Since you've never had the chance to court a girl, would you like to go on a date with me?"

"You're rather forward, Lillian," he laughed out loud.

It was good to see him smiling again. I love the way his smile lines caress his inner cheek, leaving litte dimples only so far from the corner of his mouth. He had a contagious smile, and it made me wish he'd never stop smiling this beautiful smile he only showed to me.

"Well? What do you think, my prince?"

A sort of huff left his throat at that. "Don't call me that."