Mama, We All Go to Hell

Trigger warning: Rape scene in this chapter...

Lillian POV

As I got ready for school the next day, I contemplated whether or not I should take William with me. Plenty of kids took their slaves to school, so it wouldn't be a problem. I just didn't know if I wanted to or not.

"Lillian, breakfast! And don't be late for school!" My mom practically screamed from downstairs. She had been in a cheery mood since I brought William home, but today she didn't seem extremely happy. Maybe it was because spring break was over and I was off to school every day again.

I walked to school since it was only a few blocks away. Besides, it was springtime, and the walk was nice.

"William wake up so I can give you some blood and head off to school."

His eyes shot open and he sat up, sighing.

"Alright. I suppose I'm kind of thirsty."

I smiled at him before tossing him a blood bag and heading downstairs for my own breakfast.

"Good morning, love," my mom said as I came down.  She had that same fake smile that she had on the day I had to go to auction house.

"Morning."

"Hey, I have a question."

"Ask away, then, I guess," I shrugged, headed for the table.

" I was just wondering why did he cost so much?"

I rolled my eyes. It's not like we were lacking in money or anything.

"I wanted him, and so did a lot of other people. So I bid higher."

"How high did they start the bidding?"

"Mom, why is this so important right now. Why can't we have a decent morning? Ever since you pressured me into getting a slave, it's been ridiculous around here!"

That wasn't true. It had been better since I got him.

She frowned slightly before replying, "you're right. I'm sorry. This isn't the time for this conversation, go and eat you're breakfast."

Once I had grabbed my french toast and eggs, I went back upstairs. Eating it the whole way to my room, I opened the door and was halfway done with my food.

"I won't be taking you with me today, so while I'm gone you're to stay in my room. Don't come out unless told to by my mom or Ethan. If you do, you'd better be in some sort of danger. You're not allowed to get blood by yourself, for fear that you'll drink it all. That's all I can think of for now. I'll be back later."

"Is everything okay, Lillian?" He stood up and began walking towards me. I shoved the last piece of french toast in my mouth and ate it before responding.

"Everything's fine. I just need to get to school. Have a good day, William."

I grabbed my book bag and left my room, shutting the door behind me, and I went downstairs to leave.

"Have a good day at school, dear," my mom called after me as I walked out the door.

I was glad to be going back to school after the break. Even after the grace period when William came home with me, my mom and her questioning had become more ridiculous than ever, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William POV

I sighed, missing her already. It was awful boring without her troublesome presence. I was laying on my pile of sheets and blankets when the wolf - I believe Lillian called him Ethan - came into the room.