Six

Maybe it's not always trying to fix something broken. Maybe it's about starting over and creating something better.

Jaebum felt that the time stood still, here he is standing right infront of him. Much prettier, much more confident, much more sexual. He did make himself a better version of himself and Jaebum cant help but feel proud. He cant utter a single word, too scared, wondering if he is dreaming, not wanting this dream to end.

"Mr. Im? Are you all right? Why dont you two sit down and talk as I go and grab some tea alright? Have a seat Mr. Park." Seokjin said as he looks pointedly at his boss while being polite towards Jinyoung who turns to look at him with a smile and nooded his thanks. Slowly sitting infront of Jaebum's desk, the taller man following his moves with intense stare.

"Hyung..are you okay. You're scaring me.." Jinyoung awkwardly said as Jaebum shakes his head, trying to clear his dazed mind. He smiled and sat down.

"This is a pleasant surprise Jinyoung, I didn't know that you're the owner of that Bake Shop."

"Yeah, we just recently opened a branch here but we already had good reviews." Jinyoung answered politely as Jaebum fiddled with his pen. A mannerism he always do whenever he's nervous.

"Congratulations Jinyoung, I guess this is the dream you are talking about huh? You finally did it, you're a self made man now." Jaebum said with a slight tinge of bitterness on his tone.

"Thanks hyung, congratulations to you too, wow when I heard that you are now the CEO of this hotel, all your hard work has paid off hyung. How does it feel to be filthy rich?" Jinyoung teases the man who smiled but looks down.

"Sad, actually save money..I hussled these money for us. I want us to adopt a child back then but,,,things happen." Jaebum said as he looks at Jinyoung who looks back at him in surprise, sadness and regret reflected on his eyes.

"A child huh?...well I guess we are not meant to adopt that's why we're here. I really miss you hyung, after all the shit that happens the last time I still miss you as a person and as a friend. I hope we already left all those things in the past eh?" Jinyoung said covering his emotions with a tepid smile as Jaebum looks back at him with an emotionless face.

"Yeah, lets leave all things behind. Well shall we get on to business Mr. Park?"

"Ready when you are Mr. Im."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung clutched his chest as he went inside the elevator which will bring him down the hotel lobby. It's lucky that he's the only one inside as his tears falls down his face, he felt all the sadness he hidden inside his heart pours out. Jaebum has wanted to adopt, he wanted to make their family complete and he ruins it..he ruins it by ending things..he didn't even think about mending their broken trust and relationship. He just went out without a care and live his life the way he sees fit.

All this time he thought he is the only one hurting, the only one who is longing and regreting, he never thought that his ex-husband is hurting too. Hunted by what ifs..what could have been, he let Jaebum's outer facade fool him when he should have known..he knows what Jaebum is like. He is the reflection of his own soul and he has been blinded.

Once he's in Paris he swore that he will never regret anything that he did..but now he is.

His cellphone ring and Chanyeol speak up.

"Our staff is ready to get there as fast as we can..hey are you alright?"Chanyeol worriedly asked.

"I'm okay, I'm just not feeling great. Listen the staff here are waiting to assist us so as soon as our people came here please instruct them to follow the hotel staff and wait for me, I'll just grab something."