Scarf and Key

Natsu's pov 6 yrs. old

"Natsu, come here for a sec." My mother, Queen Grandine, said. I went over to her seeing my little sister there as well.

"Natsu, we're going back to England." Dad, King Igneel, said.

"What!? What about Luce? Is she coming with us?" I asked. Please let Luce come. Please.

"No." Mom said.

"Then I'm not going. I wanna stay with Luce." I said while crossing my arms.

"We can visit her every year Natsu, I promise." Dad said

"You're leaving and that's final." Mom said.

"Then I'm gonna ignore you! I'm not gonna talk to you until Luce comes with us or I stay with Luce!" I yelled and stormed out. I could hear my parents yelling my name as I stormed out but I ignored them. I went to our neighbor's house which is Lucy's house. I rang the doorbell and a maid with pink hair opened the door.

"Good morning Prince Natsu, Hime is out in the gardens." Virgo bowed.

"Arigato Virgo. I said. I went in and found .y way out to the gardens.

"Natsu! You're here." Lucy said. She ran and gave me a hug. I hugged back tightly

"Luce, I have a bad news." I said. She lets go of me and frowns.

"What's wrong Natsu?" She asked. We both sat down on the green grass.

"We're going back to England." I said.

"Really? For how long?" Lucy asked.

"I don't know." I said while looking down. Small arms wrapped around my waist and buried their head on my stomach.

"I'm gonna miss you Natsu." Lucy sobbed.

"Me too Luce. I don't wanna go but Mom and Dad says that I have to." I mumbled.

"Then let's make this last day the best day we've ever had!" She lets go of me and gave me a bug smile. I smiled back. For the rest of the day, we played different games and found amazing things.

Here, we sat under a tree we planted years ago. Luce and I held hands and leaned on the trunk.

"Luce, why don't we give each other something so that we'll never forget each other?" I asked.

"I will never forget you Natsu but.....I guess we could." She said. I unwrapped the scarf I wore making Lucy's etyes widen.

"I-Isn't that a bit too much? You love that scarf Natsu. It's important to you." She said. I chuckled and wrapped the scarf around her neck.

"I love you Luce and you're important to me." I said. She blushed and buried half of her face in the scarf.

"It smells like you." She said. Her hands went to the back of her neck and she took off her necklace.

"Here Natsu. This is the only thing I could give you. I'm sorry." She said. It was her favorite necklace. The one where a flaming key hung itself on a chain.

"It's okay Luce. I know this is important to you as well and you love this necklace." I said putting on the necklace.

"I love you and you're important as well." She said. I grinned and hugged her.

"Arigato Luce." I said.

"Arigato Natsu." She said.

~ Timeskip ~

It's been 12 long years since I've seen that smile. Her face, her eyes, her warmth, everything about her has been a memory to me. I did what I said about ignoring my Mom and Dad. They were devastated about it but we never went back to Japan. My father broke his promise. Making me ignore them more as if their existence was erased.  Now, I was ordered to search for a wife and one particular girl immediately came into my mind. Now here I am heading back to Japan to see her.