The Boat Is Sinking

Lucy's pov

I walked sadly towards my friends.  It's been months since our school started and Lisanna came into the picture.  Natsu and I have been dating for 2 years now and it seems like he's getting distant from me. He spends most of his time with Lisanna now. Does he hate me? Did I do something wrong?  Did our spark disappear? What happened to us?  I can't get this queastions outside of my head.  When we pass by each other,  he would ignore me. When I ask him to go out on a date with me,  he would reply saying he's vusy but later on I'll find him hanging out with Lisanna.  I don't even know why I'm holding onto us anymore. I might as well break up with him.

"Lu-chan!" I heard my bestfriend Levy yell. I looked up and put on a bright smile.

"Levy-chan!  You're hyper this morning. Did something happen? " I asked. Did something happen between us Natsu?

"I can't believe it!  Gajeel asked me out on a date this Saturday for me to meet his family." She squealed.  When was the last time I had a date with him?

"That's great!  Are you gonna go shopping?  I could go with you! " I squealed.

"Of course I am!  Whoops! It's a minute before the bell rings.  Gotta go!  See you later Lu-chan!" She yelled and ran away.  I shook my head laughing slightly as I went to my own class. As I enter,  I see Natsu and Lisanna talking while laughing. My mood dropped as I went to my seat at the back.  It hurts. I out my head down as silent tears drip down.

~ Timeskip ~

"Natsu can we talk? " I asked while not lookign at him in the eye.

"Wait a minute Luce,  I really hav-" I cut him off before he finished.

"Please." I said.  He sighed and nodded.  I went out to the back part of the school where not most people go.  I stopped and turned to him.

"I came out here to tell you something." I took a deep breath in.

"I'm breaking up with you." I said. I didn't look at his face.

"W-What do you mean Luce? " He asked shakily.  I looked up to him with teary eyes.

"I mean exactly what I said.  We're over. You can now go and be happy with your girlfriend without me being a burden to you." I said and walked away leaving him alone and dumbfounded.

I found Levy and told her everything.  After hearing mt explanation, she raged and yelled.

"Why didn't you tell me it was going that much Lu-chan? I could've punched him in the face and kick some words into that dumb brain of his." Levy huffed after speaking.  I just sighed and took a deep breath.

"I didn't want to tell you because I don't want you to worry okay?  Now no more of this topic let's go to class." I said and walked ahead of her.

~ Timeskip ~

It's been 2 weeks since I broke up with Natsu. Whenever he tries to get near me,  I would run away.  I deleted his number on my phone and blocked him in all my social media accounts.  I took it upon myself to stock as many ice creams as I can for all my meals ech day which is why I became thinner. Right now I'm changing into my gym clothes for the next class. My gym clothes were now fit to me instead of being tight on the chest area.  I went out just in time for the teacher to come in.

"Alright everyone listen up!  Today we'll be playing a game called 'The Boat is Sinking'. I'm sure you've heard of that game before. This to test how uick you can reack,  speed and agility." The teacher said.  I slowly went towards Levy and she did so with me.  I'm surely gonna win this.

I'm shocked. How did this end up to this? One thing I know is that the teacher told us to group ourselves into 3 but 4 of us only remains: Levy,  Lisanna, Natsu,  and I. I was suddenly dragged into a group with Natsu and Lisanna leaving Levy alone.  She didn't look mad nor did she look to hapot 'bout it. I separated from the two knowing what's about to happen next.

"The boat is sinking. Group yourselves into 2!" He yelled.  I expected to lose instantly but what shock me was when a pair of warm arms wrapped themselves around my waist.  It was Natsu.  I looked at Lisanna who giggled and gave a wink towards us before walking away.

"Ok we have our winners!  You both get plus 3 points on your grade.  Class dismissed. " I was still standing shocked. 

"Luce we need to talk. " He whisoered to my ear.  I could feel his hot breath and smell that cinnamon mixed with fire and ashes scent of his. I miss it.  He sighed and picked me up and put me on his shoulder like a potato sack.  I stayed silent as he carried me towards where I broke up with him.  When we arrived,  he gently set me down and looked at me in the eyes.

"Luce, you nisunderstood a lot of things. " He said.

"No.  I think it was clear Natsu." I said and was about to walk away but he grabbed my arm stopping me from leaving.

"Lisanna and I aren't and weren't dating." He said.

"I'm sorry if I ignored you.  I'm sorry if I pushed you away.  I'm sorry for always leaving you out.  I was hanging out with Lisanna because we were planning something. " He sighed. What were they planning?

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to push you away. "He started crying and so did I.  It was all my fault.  I caused him this much pain too.

"I'm sorry Natsu. I'm so sorry. " I cried as I hugged him.  I felt him shake his head.

"No Luce.  I'm sorry.  You don't have any fault it was all mine." He pulled away and cupped my cheeks. He wiped away my tears using his thumb.

"Can we go back to the way it was before?   I really don't want to lose you. " He said.  I nodded unable to speak. He smiled and kissed me fully on the lips.  It's been a long tine since I felt his warm lips against mine.  I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck.  We pulled away and I stuffed my face in his chest.

"So what were you planning? " I asked.

"Not telling you. " I could hear and feel him smirking while I just pout.  Meanie.