Chapter 1

"Happy birthday son", my father greeted me as soon as I plopped down on the chair beside him at the dining table. He sat there having his breakfast not looking a day over thirty though he was much older.

My dad was built like a hulk and thus was feared amongst many across the world though at home his hazel eyes were always soft and filled with love for my mother and me. He was the perfect dad and I loved him and looked up to him. I wanted to become as great an Alpha as he is and I plan to try my best to get there.

" Thanks, Dad. Where is mom and where are my special birthday pancakes" I almost wined not finding my dear chocolate chips pancakes on the table as was my birthday ritual since I was very young. " Hold your horses' son. Your mom just went upstairs to get the gift we brought you for your birthday" my dad said smiling looking very smug about the surprise gift.

" What is it?" I burst out not able to control my excitement but then I realised that I was going to become the alpha of the biggest pack in North America in the next few hours so I must start acting like it. "I don't need anything dad. I already told you" I said trying to act nonchalant about this gift.

" Ok, then I will keep it myself. It going to be a great addition to my collection" my dad said mockingly trying to break me out of my cool guy exterior. But I was not going to give in so easily. I was about to open my mouth to say something witty in return when my mom came breezing in the dining room carrying a plate full of chocolate chip pancakes with a lit candle on the top.

" Save your tough guy act for others, dear. You can't fool us, your excitement is literally dripping from your eyes", my mother admonished me settings the plate in front of me urging me to blow the candle.

As I blew the candle but not before making the same wish I had been making for the last few years that is for my mate to be safe and sound.

I was going to find my mate today hopefully as we werewolves are able to feel our mates once we turned eighteen. I will be able to detect her sweet scent which is supposed to irresistible to me or so I have been told, from far away. I need to follow it and bam! I will find her. I will know for sure that she is my mate once I look into her eyes and feel her touch which is again supposed to electrifying and quite addicting.

And I was very much ready to get addicted to her and her touch. Then we are supposed to initiate the mating process. I just can't wait to meet her and have her in my arms.

I will admit that I have had my share of fun with the girls but I know once I meet my mate, I will have eyes only for her. Everything and everyone will pale in comparison to her.

Once my mom had sung the happy birthday song to her heart's content I dig into my pancakes. " So when are the warriors leaving for training camp?" I asked my father referring to the small group of selected warriors who were supposed to leave for our neighbouring pack and many other packs in the state for helping them with their training.

Since we were the largest pack in North America and had the best and most efficient warriors, the Council had asked us to send a small group of our well-trained warriors to help the other packs in the state, with their training.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you they already left early in the morning as the weather is supposed to get really nasty by the time evening arrives. Thus they started early so that they can reach Blue Moon before evening" my dad explained to me to which I simply nodded knowing full well how dangerous these forests can get in case of a rainstorm.

" And in case you are wondering Samuel left with them," my dad said in a chastising tone knowing full well how happy I was that I no longer had to see that jerk every day. Samuel was a real asshole and has been so ever since we were both very young.