Chapter 14

" There is a possibility that we have a mole or rather moles amongst us, not necessarily in this room itself but someone in each of our packs, someone who is close enough to those holding power or ranks in the packs to have a keen eye on each of their movements. That is the only logical explanation to Rico always being a step ahead of us in the game. I had previously asked Phillip to check the pack house for any bugs or other recording devices and he informed me that he discovered no such suspicious devices which leave us with only one conclusion and that is moles", said none other than Sam and why was I not surprised.

He indeed is very shrewd and competent when it comes to any matter relating to our pack so it's no shocker that he had not only been contemplating the issue on the surface but had also dug deep down and had found the almost perfect answer to one of our most concerning issues at hand and that is the information leak taking place almost instantly whenever anything of importance happens in any of our packs.

But what Sam is really bad at is understanding the chain of command. It's great that he wanted to look into this matter and explore all the possibilities but he could have at least had a discussion with me over this when we had spoken over the phone earlier so that I could have told him that we should not bring up this sensitive matter in front of so many people as who is to say that not one of them is a mole themselves.

Rico is planning something really big this time and if he is going around promising people a future filled with wealth and power, then well I have seen people crush their conscience for less. If that is not the case then there is something that Rico is even better at and that is blackmailing people into acting as puppets in his hands.

We could have talked about this and a lot more if Sam had not decided to just ignore my existence and show all these cards to a room full of people who no doubt were very trustworthy but when it comes to Rico you just can never be too sure about who is actually your friend and who is just waiting to drive their dagger down your back.

Everyone is a suspect and I will make sure that Sam is aware of this from now on. It really erks me when he simply ignores my existence and cahoots with his best friend just like old days. But those days were over and done with and now I am his Alpha and I will make sure he acknowledges that as soon as possible.

I looked at him once he was done with his little speech and saw his breath hitch. I think the look in my eyes was enough indication for him that I was pissed at him and we are so going to have a further and a very detailed discussion on the matter.

He averted his eyes avoiding eye contact and I too looked away wanting those anger-driven weird sensation to leave my body.

Sam just makes me really very furious, forcing my body to react weirdly at times. Don't ask me why it's just beyond my comprehension.

" I think Sam is right, this super-fast information breach does point us towards a high possibility that moles are indeed involved and that too very actively. We really need to look more into that", said Charles Marque looking at Sam with stars in his eyes.

I get it that what Sam had put on the table was important information but it's nothing astonishing about it. It was something that was right in front of us but nobody except him thought of digging deeper. It's not like he was a genius or something. Why was Charles so full of unnecessary praises for him, staring at him as if they have known each other their whole life.

"Isn't the man mated already", resonated a voice inside my head and I realised that my wolf had joined the conversation. But it was his words that successfully interrupted my inner monologue. What does that mean? Why is my wolf concerned about the mating status of this man?

"The man is clearly trying to flirt with Sam. He is literally looking at him as if he hung the moon himself".

This is the first time I had heard my wolf speak so eloquently. I knew that though we get our wolves at fourteen, the connection between the human and wolf deepens once the human turns eighteen years of age. I had started to feel the deeper connection already but for him to really make his presence and opinion known so blatantly was a first for me.

I also failed to understand why was my wolf sounding so bitter at the prospect of someone fancing Sam. Has my dislike for him seeped through my entire being reaching even my wolf so much so that he could not even fathom the possibility of someone admiring Sam?

My inner thoughts must have reflected in the form of a sour expression on my face because I felt someone kick my leg under the table and looked up to find Jake looking at me with narrowed eyes. " Stop daydreaming", he murmured.

I sat up straight, a little embarrassed of being so stuck on my thoughts relating to Sam that I had completely tuned out what was being spoken further about the mole situation.

It was great timing to be back with the living as my dad turned towards me and asked, " So do you have anything else to add to this Xav or is it fine with you if Sam and Phillip deal with this mole situation as they have already started looking into it."

I was thankful for the fact that my dad's question was so self-explanatory otherwise I would have definitely humiliated myself in front of so many people and who would have been the reason for this, none other than the great Sam.

" It's fine with me. Thanks for asking for my opinion dad, I wish other people too start understanding the importance of discussions and not always charge into the problem head first", I said all the while looking straight at Sam, the jab meant for no one but him and if his narrowed eyes and reddening face was any indication, I had been very much successful in sending my message across. The weird sensations were still there but it's like my body was quickly becoming accustomed to them.

He was so getting an earful from me and that too soon.

My dad followed my line of sight and was quick to decipher the situation as he quickly diverted the confused stares directed towards me by saying, " So that's settled, Sam and Phillip are going to look further into this entire mole situation and try to find any link or clue that can give us even the smallest indication as to who could be a mole. It won't be easy as Rico is extremely shrewd but it's worth a try".

Before anyone could say anything else, Alpha Lucas entered his conference room looking frantic but oddly determined but the words that left his mouth were nowhere near what any of us had expected him to say.

Author's Note- I know that I have not been able to update regularly and that's because I have recently started a new job which is really taking up a lot of my time but still I will try to do better next time.

This is a small chapter but I promise the next one is a long important one. Thanks for your patience. Really appreciate it guys. Luv yaa❤

What do you guys think Lucus gonna say? Comment below...let's see if anyone of you can get it right.