Chapter 4

She was definitely not the one the moon goddess has created for me. Her glorious beauty never ceased to wow me until now but at the moment, it was not doing much for me and especially not my wolf.

The feeling of fascination and awe which I have always heard so much about, which undoubtedly accompanies the moment you lay eyes on your mate was sorely missing as I watched Selena make her way towards me oh so elegantly I can't help but feel that whoever would be her mate would be one lucky chap.

" I am so sad," she said stopping in front of me. " I really thought you would be my mate and I just had to wait till you turn eighteen. But now I am not sure if I even have a mate or he is dead already", she chocked on her words. I took her in my arms trying to console her.

I was disappointed but still pretty sure that I will find the one made for me and admire and appreciate her even more than I do with Salene.

Soon it was time for me to go up to the podium and join my father there. He put his palm flat in front of me asking me to give him my hand. I put my hand flat on top of his and he started saying a prayer asking moon goddess to bestow her blessings on me and help me run this pack with patience, sense of justice and equality.

He asked me to repeat the vows I was about to make to my pack after him.

" I promise to put my pack above all my own needs and aspirations. I promise to put my people first and listen to all their concerns and problems and try to help them to the best of my ability. I promise to never intentionally hurt or otherwise harm my pack mates in any way possible. And in the name of moon goddess I swear to be the best leader I can and always value each and every one of my pack mates."

After the oath, my father turned towards the members of the pack gathered below and said, " I hereby step down from my position of being the alpha of Blood moon pack and present to you, Xavier Aniston, your new alpha and leader."

A loud cheer was heard and people bowed their head acknowledging me as their new alpha. The respect and hope in the eyes of the people right now directed towards me meant everything to me.

My father nudged me towards the microphone and stepped down from the stage making a beeline for my mother, I saw them cosying up to each other and basking in the love they held for one another.

I took my eyes off them and looked at the people who have gathered specially for me, who have so open-heartedly accepted me as their leader, who will look up to me from now on to be their guardian, their alpha, my loving pack mates.

I tried to look into each of their eyes, hoping my eyes held all the reassurance that they were looking for. But something felt missing as if my subconscious was telling me that there needs to be someone else by my side to make all this feel complete and perfect.

I know some of the packmates could not be here because of their prior engagements. And the next possibility was that my soul was feeling bare because I was yet to find my mate. But whatever it was I tried to ignore it and talk to my people.

" Whatever I said in the oath I just took, I promise to value each one of them. I promise to strengthen us and move together towards a better tomorrow. I won't bore you any longer with my words but instead, promise to show you with my actions." I concluded and thunderous applause was heard across the place.

I was a bit overwhelmed by the support the people were showing to me though I have been preparing to be standing here making these promises to my people and trying to live up to them, all my life. I moved to the side of the stage.

Then I watched as Jake and his father rose to the stage and Jake proceeded to take his vows as the next beta of the pack. He too addressed the people and said some funny shit which soon had people in stitches. He then came and stood beside me while his father left the stage.

Then the same process repeated itself with Phillip, now my new gamma. I had mixed feeling about him being my gamma and holding a post of command alongside me because I knew he was loyal to a fault. I had no doubt about that but he also seemed to dislike me just as much as his best friend.

At the thought of his infamous best friend, it was time for him to take the oath as to become the next head warrior but since he was not there, technology came to the rescue. He was put on a video call with the screen facing the crowd. As soon as he said the first few words of his vow I felt a chill run down my spine yet again.

His voice was sharp filled with conviction and he sounded not a bit like my sworn enemy who always taunts me and enjoys a good laugh at my expense. He sounded like the strong head warrior he was supposed to be.

Soon his vows and my inner monologue about him came to an end and he addressed the crowd and like a true warrior promised to protect each and every one of them till his last breath.

I wish he could be this serious all the time and quit being a bane to my existence.

Author's Note - Hey guys hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to leave a feedback.