Chapter 7

Author's Note- This is a bit of a sensitive chapter with mentions of abduction and death

" I want to help", these few words were the most honest and heartfelt words that had ever left my mouth.

I really wanted to help the kid who is as helpless at the moment as I was all those years ago, who is just waiting and praying for his mumma and papa to come and save him, who was most probably going through things in the hands of his abductor that no child of his age should go through.

" That is what I expected from you son and let me assure you that we are going to do everything within our power to help this child, everything we couldn't do for you", saying that my dad visibly started shaking and his eyes turned yellow yet again.

I went and hugged him as we both needed the comfort, " It wasn't your fault dad, you did everything you could and most importantly you rescued me out alive. It's because of you I am standing here, it's because of you that I am even breathing right now. So stop beating yourself over it."

"We are going to help that child and make sure Rico no longer breathes the same air as us. I want him to pay dad, I want him to suffer for every sin he has committed, for every child, he has taken to just instil fear in their parents. I want him DEAD", loud growls echoed in my chest and I knew my eyes turned yellow too. I had to use all my will power to subdue my wolf.

My wolf who wasn't a part of me when my childhood was literally snatched from me, but he knew everything about it, every tiny detail which I dared not share with anyone, not even my parents.

Even where the incident is so much as mentioned, my wolf becomes furious beyond measure and extremely bloodthirsty. He wants a taste of Rico's blood, he wants to tear him apart limb by limb and I wholeheartedly share his sentiments.

Because the next time I face Rico, it will mean either his death or mine. Either I will kill him or die trying.

I may not voice it often but my need for revenge is always simmering over the flames burning in my heart.

My mate may mean a lot to me but Rico's death means the most. Because Rico is the devil incarnate, who has taken birth with the sole objective to tarnish humanity and therefore he needs to DIE.

After my dad and I had somewhat calmed down, we parted and I once again took a seat in front of his desk.

" We need to come up with a plan of action, a full proof plan but first we need to get in touch with the alpha of that pack. He may be distorted at the moment but we need to make him listen to reason. He will need all the reinforcement against that bast*rd that he can get", my dad said going into his alpha mode.

" And son, I know your need for revenge is burning deep inside you but keep in mind that the life of this child is far more important than your revenge", my dad continued, having seen the murderous look in my eyes and sensed my thirst for that scum's blood.

"Dad...", before I could continue he cut me off saying," Son don't misunderstand me, I am in no way asking you to spare him because when the time comes, I want you to make him pay for every scar, for every bit of pain he inflicted on you. Make him regret even thinking about doing such heinous deeds. But what I want from you right now to is be the helping hand that child needs you to be and help his parents in bringing him back safe and sound."

"Dad, I assure you that I am not going to place my thirst for revenge before the life of a child who has not even seen what life is. I am going to do everything within my power and fight till my last breath to reunite him with his parents", I vowed to not only my father but to myself that I am not going to be impulsive but was going to work towards the single goal and that is to free that child from the clutches of the devil himself.

" I trust you son wholeheartedly", my dad said looking me in the eye making me see how sincere he was with his words.

He took a deep breath and continued, " So, now you as the alpha of the New Moon pack should give a call to the alpha of the other pack. It's called Red Blood Pack and remember the alpha is the father of the child who has gone missing. Talk to him keeping this detail in mind. At this moment he may not sound the most reasonable of a person but you need to be patient and kind. Got it", my dad said and it seemed like he was reliving everything he too as the father of the child who went missing went through all those years ago.

" I will keep that in mind dad but are you sure it is not you who should talk to him. You understand his situation far...", my father cut me off once again saying, " No son now as the alpha of the pack it's your responsibility to be the one on the forefront and even though you have never been in a situation like his but you need to rise up the occasion like the leader you are born to be and Xavy no one in this entire universe can feel the pain of his child more vividly than you."

My dad was right it's time for me to step up as the alpha of my pack, I could no longer hide behind my dad and get away with it.

" After your call, we will have a meeting with all the new and old people of rank to decide on how to proceed further. If everything goes as we think it will, we will soon have to leave for Red Blood", my dad said already planning ahead as we all knew there was no way the alpha was going to deny our help. I just nodded on affirmation.

With that having been decided, I bid farewell to my dad to go to my office to give a call to the alpha of Red Blood pack.

"And don't forget to inform Sam that we have decided to help and tell him that we will him keep him informed about whatever we decide to be our plan of action. He sounded really worried over the phone", my dad interjected just as I was about to leave the room.

" Why don't you do that as he still seems to report to you dad", I said and left the room without waiting for a reply.