Chapter 20 Finale

As I was still in my wolf form, my agile feet carried me to him in a matter of seconds and I bit down hard on Rico's hand which had moved forward to choke Alise, Rico bellowed with pain but I refused to let his hand go. His other hand went to my muzzle trying to push me away but there was nothing he could do. He was dealing with an Alpha, a very determined one at that.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Alise taking Ramsey further away from the scene, away from this insanity, to preserve what was left of his delicate innocence as we were yet the discover what he had gone through in the hands of this monster.

By the time I let go of Rico's hand, he was shouting with pain at the top of his voice and the upper part of his hand was barely connected to his body, it was hanging like a dead weight. Still, Rico had no plans of surrendering. He transformed into his wolf in a blink of an eye and charged towards me.

I was so ready for this fight, so was my wolf, his eagerness to put an end to this devil was palpable. He growled loudly waiting for Rico to come to us, he was significantly slowed due to one of his front legs dragging uselessly behind him.

Both of us knew what was going to be the outcome of this fight, it was just that Rico knew that death was a better option for him than compared to what I would do to him if I were to take him prisoner.

As soon as he was within reach, my wolf too charged at him going straight for his neck. I had gone through this scenario in my head time and time again, about what I would do if I were to get my hands on him, how much I would torture him, make him regret his very existence but now that the anticipated moment had finally arrived all I wanted to do was put an end to this monster, rid the world of the abomination that was Rico.

My wolf was in full control by now, it sank it's teeth deep into Rico's neck severing all the veins which supported his sustenance. I watched life slowly leaving Rico's eyes and what was left was his rotting carcass.

I always thought that this would be the happiest moment of my life, finally getting rid of the monster who tainted my childhood to the extent that for a very long time night terrors and panic attacks were my only friends. But what I was feeling at the moment was completely different. A myriad of emotions encompassed my being but the most prominent one was relief that the anomaly named Rico no longer exists. He will no longer be able to torture another soul, destroy another child's childhood or terrorize their parents.

It had always been difficult for me to live with the fact that Rico still walked the earth, was still very much alive having no care in the world while I had to suffer almost my entire life as a consequence of all the torture he subjected me to.

My wolf was still angry, still keeping his teeth firmly planted in Rico's neck, refusing to let go, no matter how much I convinced him of the fact that it was over, we had finally avenged every being who had the misfortune of being tortured and harmed by this devil.

Finally, I heard someone coming our way, they were in their wolf form but as soon as they came on my line of sight I knew it's was Jake. His wolf was injured in some places but overall he looked fine, nothing our supernatural healing could not fix in a few hours.

" Xavy, you did it. YOU DID IT. Wohoooo", shouted Jake inside my head, loud enough to give me an instant headache. His voice must have broken the haze my wolf had fallen into and it finally let go of Rico's neck, dropping the body to the ground and retreated deep into my mind. It was his way of telling me that he needed some space and time to heal and come to terms with everything that had transpired in the last few days.

This led me to immediately transform into my human form. I was exhausted so I just laid there on the ground looking at the sky. I felt like everything has changed in a matter of seconds. I still could not believe that this had happened. My mind was overwhelmed with thoughts and conclusions.

" The rouges fled as soon as they heard Rico's loud painful shriek. They must have thought that since he was dying, there was no point in fighting any longer as they won't be able to get what Rico had promised them in return for their help", Jake informed me, now too in his human form.

" What about Ramsey, is he okay?", I asked though deep in my heart I knew he was, Alise would have protected him with her own life.

" He is not injured at all though he had been crying non-stop since the time he was finally handed over to Lucas. It's too painful to watch as Lucas himself is in a terrible state. He is just holding his pup and crying uncontrollably. He is a strong man, a great Alpha but at the end of the day, he is a father and that trumps everything. We should start the journey back soon, Ramsey needs to be surrounded by people who love him so that he starts healing from whatever emotional trauma Rico subjected him to", Jake said looking solemn.

" Okay, that sounds good", I said still completely out of it. " What about Sam and the others who were sent to Blood Moon pack, are they coming with us or going back to resume their training sessions?", I asked, I don't know what but something in me told me that this was an important piece of information.

" Sam left with Alise for her pack so that her injuries could be treated. She was badly injured so despite her supernatural healing, she will need some outside assistance to completely recover from her keep wounds. Sam wanted to accompany her as she had put her life at stake just because he had asked her to so despite there being quite a few of her pack members who would accompany her pack to Silver Valley, Sam wanted to personally go and take care of her as a show of gratitude. He really is a great bloke", he said fondly.

But I definitely was not fond of the idea of Sam leaving with Alise. Now I can't even blame it to the fact that I didn't like Alise, she was a great person, a true warrior and I had just started to really like her then why did just the knowledge of Sam taking care of her in return of the huge favour she had done to us, she practically saved the boy's life, didn't sit well with me.

Out of nowhere, my brain conjured a picture of them in a liplock and that was enough to make my heart go haywire. Yet again the familiar question to my mind, what is fucking wrong with me. Was I into Alise? I contemplated the question for a few seconds.

But then it clicked.

There indeed was a possibility that she was my mate. Since she was covering her scent at the time and our eyes never met so I couldn't have known then. But come to think of it, whenever I think of her and Sam together, I feel like there is a pit in my stomach. I can surely chalk that feeling to jealousy or rather possessiveness and it would all make sense.

Have I finally found my mate? I felt hope and happiness bloom in my chest. I wanted to visit the Silver Valley now itself and take care of my mate myself but first I needed to go soothe my pack. They must have noticed by now that something was amiss and I needed to be there to tell them the entire story and to give them the confirmation that everything was fine. I also needed to access the injuries my soldiers have suffered and provide them with the best care possible and all this would take some time and thus me hightailing it to my prospective mate was not a possibility at the moment.

My wolf was shockingly very quiet during my entire inner monologue. We're wolves not supposed to go all crazy at the sheer mention of their mate. I know that just like humans, they are also not aware of who their mate is until they find them, but doesn't their instinct play a major too in finding their mate. Maybe my wolf was just too overwhelmed at the moment and didn't have the energy to be all excited and shit. Yes, that must be the reason.

Soon I was on my feet following Jake back to the battlefield determined to get my duties sorted as soon as possible so that I can then go and discover for myself if Alise was indeed my mate, my one and only.

The song above is Payback by Deckard Shaw and it fits perfectly for the fight between Rico and Xav.

The last part is a bit of a twist. What do you think is going to happen next?

Do leave a comment on how you are finding the story so far, it makes my day and keeps me motivated to continue writing ❤