Chapter 20 Part III

" Stand down people. The boy's life is at stake", I shouted at the top of my voice and despite the wild war outcries, all activities ceased. Both the parties coming to a halt. I noted the rouges taking the opportunity and going at my men's throat. However, Rico stopped them, telling the rouges to break it off.

Jake and I both were as naked as the day we were born but nudity has never been an issue among the werewolves. It was something as natural as eating, surely not something any one of us were ashamed about.

" I will soon be ruling the werewolf kingdom and I will need soldiers, no use killing them all when they can be of so much use to me in future. Also, if they all die, who is going to go back to their packs and tell their pathetic Alpha worshipping people all about how their so-called Alphas lost against me on the battlefield and how I slaughtered every one of them.", Rico said at the top of his voice ending his vile words with a loud chuckle.

All my men had their eyes fixed on me, waiting for even the slightest hint from me to take any sort of action but I was feeling so incredibly powerless in this situation that my mind was coming up blank. My eyes once again roamed the battlefield trying to find something, I don't understand why but I had this unexplainable feeling in my gut that if I did end up finding what my mind was trying to locate everything would be so much less crappy.

" So this is it, this is surrender. All left to do is for you three Alphas to declare me as the new Alpha and your dear moon goddess will take care of the power shift, right? How generous of her", said Rico looking oh so smug and confident that this was all over and victory was his.

My wolf was roaring with anger inside me, wanting to rip apart this nasty demon. I couldn't for the life of me think of a way out of this. If we three did surrender our title to this monster, this would mean that he will have the power of three Alphas in him and he will become almost impossible to overthrow, he would become almost invincible.

I watched helplessly as Rico ordered Lucas and Charles to shift, once again threatening Ramsey's life. It didn't take long before they were standing beside me equally helpless. I could see the pain Lucas was in, trying to keep his wolf from going insane watching someone hold a knife to their pup's throat.

We were surrounded by routes. At least ten rouges were watching us closely, their aim strictly on our throats. One wrong move from our side and it was game over.

My brain finally caught up to reality, forcing me to realise that we had indeed lost to this monster.

We were really going to place the fate of the entire werewolf race in his hands. It took all my strength from preventing my knees from buckling in, nausea hitting me full force

Suddenly I noticed movement in my peripheral vision. It was just a slight rustling of the leaves in the tree situated diagonally from where I was standing with Rico and the others. Nobody except me seemed to have noticed it. I was about to chalk it to nothing but then a bullet came flying and hitting Rico' hand which was holding the knife with extreme precision, making the knife fly from his hands landing somewhere far.

It felt like I was watching the entire scene in slow motion. It was not one shot but rather two fired in quick succession.

The shots didn't make a noise, must be the silencer. It was undoubtedly shot by a marksman because no one except a person who is hundred and ten percent sure of their aim and skill would fire shots which if went even a degree in the wrong direction had the potential to kill an innocent child.

I also saw Rico's furious face, his all-knowing smirk nowhere to be found. I knew that the bullets didn't do him any harm, it was a through and through wound on his hand and shoulder which was well on its way to being healed already.