Chapter 6

It took him quite some time and I was hit with a sense of dread as something absolutely terrible must have happened for my dad to lose control over his wolf. Something must have made his wolf very angry to the point that my dad had to make a serious effort to coax it down.

After my dad managed to finally calm down enough to be coherent, he raised his head and his eyes met mine. The storm brewing in his eyes was enough to tell me that I am not going to like whatever he was about to tell me.

"Dad, are you ok? You seem very tensed, what's the matter?", I asked softly not wanting to spook him.

"Son", he paused, taking a deep breath and then continued, "It's about Rico." Those three words made my blood run cold. There was a buzzing in my head making me feel lightheaded and I could feel an incoming panic attack.

"Come on son breathe. Deep breaths", these words somewhat cut through my panic and I started mimicking my dad taking deep breaths and slowly letting them out.

"You are ok. Everything is fine. You are here with your dad", my dad kept muttering these words in my ear hugging me tightly. It took me some time to get a hold of myself and push the crippling fear down.

"I am fine dad you can let go", I said trying to keep my voice steady. I can't believe that man still has so much power over me, it has been ten years since that fateful day when my entire life changed. It took me a long time to get to the level of normalcy I am at the moment, so I can't let that monster back into my life and my mind. I need to persevere and get over this choking fear as I am no longer the small eight-year-old child but rather the soon to be alpha of Blood Moon and there is no way I am letting my people down.

" What about him dad," I asked trying to ignore the deathly growls that my wolf filled my mind with.

"Are you sure you are ready to hear what I am about to say as I will warn you it is bad news and it's related to that bastard Rico," my dad said in a soft voice with nothing but care for his son shining brightly in his eyes.

"I am ready dad. I am no longer a helpless child who can hide behind your back and wish for all his problems to go away. No, I am the  alpha of this great pack, Blood Moon and if I am not ready to face my fears and overcome the obstacles in my way then I don't think you did the right thing by passing this position to me." I looked up to find my dad's eyes shiny with unshed tears.

" I am proud of you son and if there is anyone in this pack who deserves to become the alpha, then it's definitely you even after.." he didn't continue and I didn't want him to continue as I didn't want to relive those days again.

"So what was it that you wanted to tell me?, I asked a little impatient and dying to get this topic over and done with.

"I got a call from Samuel just a while ago, he sounded frantic as if he had seen a ghost. It took me a while to calm him down and he finally blurted out that there has been a similar case like ours with the alpha of the territory sharing the borders with the territory he is currently residing in. And the person behind this has very proudly come forward and declared his name to be Rico, just like all those years ago. But he has not demanded anything as of now and has asked them to wait for his next call"

The dizziness and panic returned again full force because even imagining something like that to happen to another child sent a chill down my spine. But there was something else that shocked me, something akin to the feeling of protectiveness so fierce that even my panic started ebbing and finally what remained was this unwavering desire to save another person from going through what I had to go through.

I raised my head and meeting my dad's eyes head-on and said the words that proved to be more effective than all those counselling sessions combined together.

" I want to help"

Author's Note- I really like this chapter. I had written it a while ago and was waiting for the suitable time to incorporate it in the story.
Hope you all like it. Love yaa...biee...