CH-4: Allergies

Celestia took longer than an afternoon to teach me how to control my magic abilities. However, she was patient with my efforts . It naturally was difficult, seeing as it was chaotic magic. She was curious to see what other traits I might've gotten as well. I had an urge to play tricks on others, but none too chaotic like my look-a-like.

Oh, and I also have a power that Discord probably doesn't. Fire Power! How we found out was accidental.

Turns out, I'm allergic to hay.

It was breakfast time in the castle, where I was temporarily given a place to stay. Hay with honey and oats were served up, with spring water to wash it down. Naturally, I took a serving of oats and honey, deciding it was similar to oatmeal.

"Enjoy some hay," Celestia said, "It was taken from the finest pastures in Equestria. I insist,"

I looked at the small bowl of hay unsure. Hay was dead grass, right? And I've tried grass before-and it didn't end well.

I looked at Celestia and Luna, who smiled warmly at me. Twilight ate her hay silently, keeping her eyes on the book she was reading, Magic For Young Ponies.

I smiled back at them, reaching delicately for the hay. I reached for my fork and used it to grab some of the grass from the bowl. Taking a bite, I tried to swallow the dry grass. It went down with difficulty, but I managed to get it down.

I looked at the Princesses, who were looking at me expectantly.

"Well?" Luna asked. "Is it not the best?"

I smiled, slowly reaching for my glass of water. There was an itchy sensation growing in the back of my throat, and I ached to swallow the entire glass. However, it would be rude to do that, so I reached for it nonchalantly.

"It's unlike anything I've ever tasted," I said. I tried to drink from the glass, but the irritating itch caused me to cough. At first, it wasn't a big cough, just a little wheeze. I brought the cup to my lips and began to drink.

Unfortunately, the water made my condition worse.

I coughed louder this time, which quickly escalated to a fit of coughs. I quickly left the table and dashed out to the hallway. It was there that I released my heavy coughs.

I felt a strong cough build up in my lungs, and I had a bad feeling that something would happen if I released it. However, I was never one to be able to hold back coughs.

I squeezed my eyes shut and let it rip. And rip it did. My throat felt like it was on fire as i released the cough. It felt like throwing up air.

When it was done, I felt hot, like I had a fever.

"Perhaps eating hay wasn't the best idea?" I wheezed. I opened my eyes and gasped. The hallway in front of me was in flames.

Glorious, majestic, flames.

I stared wide-eyed at the sight. Did I do that?

"Fire!" one of the guards yelled. I then panicked. What had I just done?!

I looked around for a fire extinguisher, and, finding none close by, I tried to figure out a way to put it out myself.

"Mkay..." I mumbled to myself. "What would Discord do? Well, knowing him, he'd be laughing at this amazing sight. But I can't do that. Maybe I can summon some rain clouds?" Not a bad idea, since he caused cotton candy clouds to rain chocolate milk over Equestria.

I looked at my fingers. Celestia told me that whatever I think of will appear if I snap my fingers. 'Clouds,' I thought. 'I need some rain clouds,'