CH-27: Love Is In Bloom

"I want to be the first to say, Congratulations darling!" Rarity sang as she pulled a brush through Maria's hair. Maria focused on her breathing, a chuckle escaping her lips.

"You and the rest of the girls," she said quietly, rolling her eyes. Her eyes glanced towards the vanity that she sat in front of. Rarity was fixing her hair up before she was to walk down the aisle. Her heart thumped in her chest as she reminded herself that she was getting married to Discord this afternoon. Well, in less than a few hours to be precise.

It's been almost a month since Discord proposed to her, just before she could walk through the portal to go home. In a way, she was grateful that he had done so. Though she would miss her parents dearly, Maria would be happier here. She had finally convinced herself that she belonged in Equestria with the man-er, draconnequus, she loved.

Maria looked down at the diamond she wore on her ring finger. It glittered and sparkled in even the dimmest of lights, and she felt a surge of happiness rush through her. Everything had truely felt like a dream.

She closed her eyes as Rarity curled her hair, re-dying the purple highlights. Her mind drifted back to the first few weeks of preparing for this day...

***

Maria sighed as she watched herself in the 3-sided mirror. Her mind going through the process of creating her dream wedding dress. She snapped, making a pure white, strapless, floor-length gown. Crystals decorated the breast, and elbow-length white gloves appeared on her hands. She looked herself over for a second, her face curved downwards into a frown.

"Nah, it's too cliche," she muttered, making it disappear. She poofed up another dress, this one a bright yellow, also floor length, with a yellow bow tied around her waist. "I look like the sun," she groaned.

Making that one disappear as well, she summoned a sea blue gown, this time going down to her calves, with a sash wrapped around her shoulder, being pinned at her waist with a small navy blue flower. Though she thought it was beautiful, it didn't look like a wedding dress. Nor did it seem like her color.

She snapped, making that one disappear as well. She stood in front of the mirror, trying to conjure up the perfect dress. She perked, snapping.

A lush purple gown appeared on her, with a tall collar that showed off her graceful swan-like neck. A silk cape was draped over her shoulders, pinned down by a medium-sized ruby. The dress then went down, hugging her body in a comfortable, not to tight way. The sleeves went to about her elbows, the extra cloth hanging down so that it seemed her arms were violet wings. A black belt was around her waist. She smiled, satisfied.

"That looks lovely on you, my dear~!" a voice purred. Maria gasped, turning around and seeing her fiancee leaning against the wall. She poofed away the dress, keeping the design in mind.

"You do know it's bad luck to see my dress before the wedding, right?"

"Please! I invented bad luck," he said. Maria smiled a tiny bit, rolling her eyes.

"I'm sure you did. Why are you in here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be with Shining Armor and Spike?"

"Yeah...but I got bored, so I decided to see what my lovely fiancee was up to!" he smiled at her.

"And you didn't knock?"

"Is there any need to?" he asked.

"Yes. We're not married yet. I still have some privacy,"

"I still don't know why you wanted to wait," he muttered. "We could've been married and on our honeymoon by now!"

"You know I don't want to rush anything," she said, poofing away the mirror. In it's place sat a lounge couch, on which she sat down on. "Plus, Twilight and the others wanted to help us plan. I couldn't just turn them down,"