CH-5: The Statue

I refused to look up at the stone draconequus. A billion thoughts ran through my head. How was Discord able to talk to me? Why is he talking to me? Am I losing my mind?

The answer to that last question, dear reader, is yes.

"What do you want...Discord?" I demanded quietly.

"Ahh, so you are the one," he purred. I shivered involuntarily. My control was long gone.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm sure you want to know why you're here, right?"

"Yeah...but how did you know?"

"I know a lot of things about you Ms. Firestone."

"I'm sure. If I may ask, how in Equestria are you speaking to me?" I asked. I was tempted to look up, but I didn't know if that was the right choice.

He tisked. "Maria, do you not know me? *sigh* I guess I'll explain," he paused. "You are a draconequus, right? Of course you are. And that means that I can communicate with you without having to speak aloud. It's rather complicated. But I'll admit, it has been lonely without someone to talk to,"

"Is there a point to all this? I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be speaking to your...statue, I guess."

"My dear, you wound me. I brought you here, and you won't even have a nice chat with me. Isn't that just rude?"

I snickered. "I apologize, Mr. Cotton Candy Clouds,"

"Don't diss the clouds!" he said. "At least not until you have had the chocolate milk. Very delicious if you ask me,"

I snorted. "You're more hilarious in person,"

He chuckled. "I'm glad you think so. Listen, Maria, I need your...assistance. I brought you here because you are the single pony-or draconequus, if you want to be technical about it, that can help me escape,"

My body went ridgid. Discord needed my help?

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

"Well, sure I do, but I can't. I don't know how," I recalled the TV series. "However, you will be released, but not by me."

"I'm listening..."

"Pretty soon, there w-"

"Maria!" I cringed. Silver had come looking for me.

"I'll come back later and explain. Okay?" I said.

He sighed, irritated. "Very well. Till then,"

"Till then," I said. I still refused to look up at him as I turned and went to find Silver. He was at the fountain like Luna had said.

"Hey Silver!" I greeted. "Sorry about the delay, I just love the statues!"

"Oh, well I'm glad. I see you have also found a Fire Rose. Those are very rare you know," Silver continued, and I was so glad that he did. I glanced behind me, then followed the pony through the garden.

I had to find a way to get back to Discord.

As the minutes ticked by, I pondered numerous ideas. I could sneak past Silver-he was so caught up in his speech. Perhaps he wouldn't notice that I was gone. And it would only take a few minutes.

"Did you know the rose hedge you took the Fire Rose from represents the harmony of Equestria? It's not so impressive as the Elements of Harmony, but you gotta admit; they are beautiful,"