CH-31: Growing Pains

A/N: Ummm...how shall I put this...?

My laptop is broken. And that means that all my updates will be on my phone. That also means:

1) Chapters might be short(er), at least till I can find a proper replacement,

2) Updates will be very slow. With me trying to get a job, school, and life as a whole, I'll have very little time to update.

3) The youtube thingy I wanted to do is on hold. When I do get started on it, I will just be reading it myself, because I have almost nobody will to help voice act, nor anyone wanting to do fanart for it. It'll just be easier to read it myself, anyway. If I get more people involved, I might change my mind.

ANYWAY...This chapter is mostly a little fast foreward through Screwball's life, as well as their development  as a family.

So, let's get to it, shall we?

***

5 Months Old...

All was peaceful in Discord's castle. He and Maria were fast asleep, seeing as it was almost 2:30 in the morning. And, save for Maria's soft snores, the entire castle was silent.

Then a wail pierced through the night like a knife.

Both parents stirred, Maria getting up to check on their daughter. She yawned sleepily, padding into the room down the hall.

In the large crib, Screwball squirmed and whimpered, an occasional cry leaving her mouth. Maria reached in, taking the little filly into her arms. After doing a quick check, she found the source of her uncomfortableness-a full diaper.

Maria brought Screwball over to a small table where she exchanged the nasty diaper with a clean one. Still, the lavander colored filly continued to cry.

Maria summoned a bottle of warm chocolate milk, which Screwball drank eagerly. The bottle was gone within a few seconds, and she burped with satisfaction. But still, she squirmed and whimpered, unable to find sleep. Rocking the filly in her arms, Maria hummed to calm her down.

Screwball stopped squirming for a little bit, an occasional whimper leaving her mouth.

Maria smiled, making herself comfortable in the wooden rocking chair in the corner. When she found a steady rhythm, she began to sing.

Dancing Bears, Painted Wings,

Things I almost remember.

And a song someone sings

Once Upon a December

Someone holds me safe and warm,

Horses prance through a silver storm

Figures dancing gracefully across my memory...

She hummed the interlude of the song, watching as her daughter yawned, fighting to stay awake.

Someone holds me safe and warm,

Horses prance through a silver storm,

Figures dancing gracefully

Across my memory,

Far away, long ago,

Glowing dim as an ember,

Things my heart used to know,

Things it yearns to remember...

And a song someone sings,