CH-32: Baseball Games and Labor Pains

Screwball bounced around by the entrance of the castle. She wore a baseball cap Maria gave to her, and had her glove tucked securely inside her miniature side pack.  Her excitement was through the roof at the moment-she was finally going to a real baseball game with her father! 

"Calm down, Screwy," Maria laughed. "You look like you're Aunt Pinkie Pie when you do that."

"Does Aunt Pinkie do this when she goes to baseball games?" Screwball asked.

"Pinkie Pie is always like that," Maria said.

"Celestia forbid Screwball turns out like that," Discord muttered as he appeared behind Maria.

"Why? They're is nothing wrong with Pinkie," Maria insisted. 

"Not until she gets upset. When she's upset, she's scary," Discord said. Maria snorted, though he was right as she remembered Pinkie's flat mane an odd behavior when she was upset about something.

"The game's gonna start soon, Daddy!" Screwball whined. Discord chuckled.

"We'll have enough time to get there, Screwball," he reassured her. He turned to Maria. "I know how close the twins are to being born, so if anything happens, just call,"

"Nothing's gonna happen, Discord," Maria said, kissing him on the cheek.

Discord nodded. "Knowing how Screwball came, I'm just trying to be careful," he said

"You, careful? " Maria joked. "I don't think there was ever a time when you, the Master of Chaos, has ever been careful, " He smiled.

"Daddy!" Screwball said impatiently.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he sighed. He pecked Maria on her forehead and went to pick Screwball up. "See you when we get back, m'dear!"

Maria smiled and waved as the two of them teleported away. One of the twins jumped in her stomach, disturbed slightly by the absence of the secure magical air that surrounded Discord. Maria grunted, heading to the living room couch, where she cast a calming spell on herself. She and the twins fell asleep quickly.

***

"Why are lines for popcorn always so long?" Discord complained. "And 15 bits for a soda? That's just ridiculous!"

"Daddy, shh!" Screwball said. "The games about to start!"

Discord smiled a little at how eager his daughter was to watch the game. They were sitting behind the dug out, thanks to Discord's sneaky teleportation.

"Who do you think will win, Daddy? The Filydelphia Fillies, or the Cloudsdale Pegasi?"

"Well, neither have had a good season, so I'd say it's a fair game betwern the two of them," Discprd commented thoughtfully.

"I want Cloudsdale to win. Rainbow Dash is a big fan of them as well!"

Discord was about to comment, but the Ponyville anthem began to sound and Screwball shushed hum again.

After the anthem the game began. Though Discord was easily bored with the lack of chaos in the game, Screeball was fascinated by every little detail. Her eyes took in everything, from the pitch from the pegasus pitcher, to the speed of the bat as it spun around to hit the ball. She felt an odd pleasure each time she heard the satisfying crack of the bat and the ball meeting. She felt like flying with the ball as it flew through the air. Her voice rang clear as she cheered her team on. She couldn't help but think that watching the game was way bettet than watching it on the television.

Discord was about half dead with boredom. The neat and orderly way the ponies played drove him mad. He needed to find some way to liven things up. He noticed that Screwball's team was down several points, and Screwball was cheering her heart out for them.