CH-9: Queen Of Chaos? Not So Much...

"We meet again, Miss Firestone," a dark voice purred.

I shrieked in surprise, falling back. As I sat up, I saw the Lord of Chaos himself rolling on the ground laughing. I clutched at my chest where my heart was. "Don't do that!" I panted.

"You-you should have seen your face!" he guffawed. "Priceless!"

I fought back a smile. "It wasn't funny, Discord. I could've had a heart attack!"

"Oh stop being so serious, Maria," he sighed, wiping away a stray tear from his laughter. "I simply stopped by to announce my freedom!"

"I can see that," I said, standing to my feet. "It's about time you freed yourself,"

"I would have been here sooner," he chuckled, "but I couldn't help but notice that the sky was...a bit too clear," he gestured to the sky with a wave of his paw. I looked over the tops of the apple orchard to see that Rainbow Dash was chasing after a lone cotton candy cloud. I giggled as several more appeared and the chase was reversed.

"You didn't do a bad job at causing some chaos here, either," he mused. My mind was brought back to the fire I had accidentally caused. I whirled around, snapping my fingers. The fire was instantly put out by miniature cotton candy clouds. Despite what Apple Jack had said, I used my magic to restore the hay to it's original state, and harvest it with another snap.

"What are you doing?" he asked. "This was just fine, and you made it all perfect again!"

"You wanted me to gain the ponies trust, and I have. I couldn't let Apple Jack see the field on fire, or she'd doubt me,"

"So?"

I sighed. "I have a plan, and it requires a little acting."

"I'm listening," he said, appearing above me.

"You'll have to come down here so i can tell you," I said, waving him down.

He groaned. "Very well," he lowered himself so that i could whisper my plan in his ear. When I was finished, he grinned. "That's absolutely brilliant!"

I smirked. 'And it won't effect the story line too much,' I thought. "Of course it's brilliant. I am your partner after all,"

Discord was about to speak when he suddenly disappeared in a poof of smoke. I knew why when I heard a certain some pony galloping up the hill.

"Maria! We got trouble," Apple Jack panted. "Twilight just got a note from the Princess that she wants to see us immediately!"

I pretended to be oblivious. "What's going on?"

"Cotton candy clouds! Chocolate rain! Apples growin' the size of houses!" she explained. She looked around, the focused her green eyes onto me. "We got to get to the castle quickly!"

I nodded. She took off in the same direction she came.

"Well, it seems Celestia has noticed that I am free," Discord laughed. I spotted him on top of one of the clouds. "If you don't mind, I've got a little task I must do," with a snap of his eagle claw, he disappeared.

I rolled my eyes, taking off in the same direction Apple Jack did.

(*******************************)

"What do y'all thinks goin' on here?" Apple Jack asked.

"Beats me," Twilight said. She pawed at the seat nervously. "Whatever it is, it's not good."

"Not good?!" Pinkie Pie asked. "It's raining chocolate milk! What's so wrong about that?"

"It's not normal," Rarity said. "It'll take me forever to get chocolate milk out of my mane,"