Team Mission

Carribean Sea
July 22

"We're approaching Santa Prisca," Miss Martian informed us.

"Isla Santa Prisca. This island nation is the primary source of a dangerous and illegal non-steroid, a strength-enhancing drug sold under the street name Venom. Infrared heat signatures indicate their factory is still operating at full capacity, but all shipments of venom have been inexplicably cut off. That's where this team comes in. This is a covert recon mission only," Batman informed us. "Observe and report. If the Justice League needs to intervene, it will. The plan requires two drop zones"

"So who's in charge?" Robin asks.

Batman and Red Tornado turned to face us, shared a glance and then Batman answered. "Work that out between you"

The team started to leave but Batman spoke up again, this time addressing me and my sister who were in our casual clothes, just listening to the plan because we were bored and interested.

"Snow, Amber, you two will be joining the team on this mission,"

"Us? Really?" I question.

"You trust us enough to allow that?" Amber asks with a blank face.

"Yes"

We both changed and ended up on Miss M's bioship. Miss Martian sitting in the centre back at the controls, Superboy and Robin on the right side, Aqualad and Kid Flash on the left, and me and my sister in the front.

"Do you two have some sort of cloaking technology?" Robin asks me, looking at mine and my sister's outfits.

"My outfit is practically cloaked, it's not like we're wearing bright yellow," Amber tells them.

"But I do for mine," I add.

The rest of the ride was silent, each of us staring out the window at the night sky above the clouds.

"Drop zone A in 30," Miss M says.

Aqualad stood up, the seat molding back into the ship like it was never there. He pressed a button, turning his normal red outfit black.

"Ready," he said to Miss M.

"Putting bioship in camouflage mode"

Aqualad jumped out when she brought the ship down, allowing him to dive into the water. He was meant to go in and do something to the heat and motion sensors so we could sneak onto the island.

"Drop zone B," Miss M said.

We all stood up, the seats disappearing like Aqualad's. Hooks came down from the roof, for the others to hook into their belts so they could descend onto the island, me and Amber only held onto them since we had no belts to hook them onto. Kid Flash presses the emblem on his chest, turning his yellow suit black.

"How cool is that?" He asks, turning to Amber and Megan.

Amber only rolled her eyes, removing the red cape like scarf she wore, then descending down from the ship.

"Very impressive," Miss M said, shapeshifting so she was wearing a black suit, the red X still going across her chest.

"Uh, that works too," Kid Flash says with a smile. "Hey, Supey, not too late to put on the new stealth tech"

"No capes, no tights. No offense," Superboy says.

"It totally works for you..." Miss M says dreamily, then snapping out of it she adds, "in that you can totally do good work in those clothes"

We all went down to the ground, but Superboy jumped down, creating a small crater in the earth, almost crushing us all.

"Knew I didn't need a line," he says with a small smile.

"And yet creating a seismic event may not have helped us much with the covert," Robin says angrily, standing up.

"Aqualad, Drop B is go," Miss M says.

"Head for the factory," Aqualad tells us through our communicators. "I'll track your GPS and rendezvous ASAP"

"Roger that," Robin says.

We all started walking, following Robin as he led us where the GPS was taking us. We stopped when Superboy said he heard something, and Robin ended up vanishing.

"Man, I hate it when he does that," Kid Flash whispers.

"Superboy, Kid, switch to infrared," Aqualad says. "See if you're being tracked"

Kid Flash put on his goggles. "Got a squad of armed bozos incoming"

"Two squads," Superboy corrects. "But they'll meet each other before they find us"

Gunshots were heard in the distance, it was the two squads. "No super hearing required now," Kid Flash says.

"Shh," I tell him. "That doesn't mean you can just start shouting"

"Swing wide, steer clear," Aqualad orders.

"Y-yeah, just as soon as I find Rob," Kid Flash says, going to run off.

"Wait, Kid-" Amber started, not able to finish before he ran off. She sighed and ran after him.

"We're going after them, right?" I ask.

Miss M nods, leading the way. We watched as Amber created a ring of fire around her and Kid Flash, keeping the both of them safe for a bit, until they all started shooting again. Then we jumped in, attacking the men once her ring of fire died out.

"What is wrong with you guys?" Robin questions, jumping down from out of nowhere, taking out a couple men. "Remember covert? Why didn't you follow my lead, vanish into the jungle?"

"It seemed more like you gave up on us and headed back to the ship," Amber says.

"That's what you were doing? Way to fill us in. We're not mind readers, you know," Kid Flash says, but he stops, seeing Miss M throw some men into a tree using her mind. "Er, I'm not anyway"

"You told me I could only read the bad guys' minds," she defended.

"Wow, you guys have a lot of work cut out for you involving teamwork," Amber comments.

I nod and add, "and leadership"