Team Mission 2

"I recognize those uniforms. They belong to the cult of Kobra," Robin explains.

"I am certain Batman would have mentioned it if he knew a dangerous extremist was running Santa Prisca's venom operation," Aqualad says.

"Agreed. And since there's clearly no love lost between the cultists and those goons, I'm betting Kobra came in and tossed them out. That's why normal supply lines have been cut off"

"We get it," Kid Flash says. "Kobra wanted super cultists. Mystery solved. Radio bats, and we'll be home in time for-"

"These cultists aren't on venom," Robin cuts him off.

"But I bet someone here is," I say.

"Kobra's hoarding the stuff. We don't leave," Robin finishes. "Not until I know why"

"Until you know why?" Kid Flash asks.

"This team need a leader"

"And its you? Dude, you're a 13 year old kid who ducked out on us without a word"

Amber and I stood back as we watched Robin and Kid Flash talk back and forth, waiting for one of the other members on the team to do something about it.

"Haha! And you're a mature 15? You blew our cover first chance you got"

"Yeah? You don't even have super powers!"

"Neither does Batman!"

"Duh, you're not Batman"

"Duh, closest thing we've got"

The masked man started chuckling at their banter. We all went over to stand in front of him, he was tied up to a tree like every other villain there.

"Such clever ninos. But you only know half the story. Let me show you the rest, get you into the factory via my secret entrance," he says.

"Show?" Amber asks.

"There is a secret entrance, but he's also hiding something," Miss M tells us.

"Ah, ah, ah, chica. Bane is not that easy"

"Ohh. He's mentally reciting football scores en Español. This could take a while"

"It's not complicated. The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

They untied Bane, something Amber warned them against because she said she had met the guy before, and he led the way towards the factory. Robin pulled out his binoculars.

"A buy is going down. But if Kobra's not selling to the usual suspects, then-"

"We need to identify that buyer," Aqualad says, stopping Robin from talking.

"Just what I was thinking," Kid Flash says.

"Yeah, you're the thinker," Robin says with a smirk.

"Sarcasm? Dude. A real leader would focus on getting answers"

Bane moved a boulder, revealing an old path that looked like a mine shaft. "Answers are this way"

"So, now El Luchador is our leader," Kid Flash says as Bane headed down the shaft.

"So many things are going to go wrong," I whisper to Amber.

We all followed Bane once again through the dimly lit shaft. Like he said it brought us into the factory, and when we got there it was empty.

"All clear," Robin says, disappearing.

"Has the little fool already been caught?" Bane asks.

"No, he just does that," Aqualad answers.

"Stay out. I'll get our intel and be back before the Boy Wonder," Kid Flash says.

"Wait, Kid!"

Aqualad tried to stop him but he was already gone. "Great chain of command," Bane comments.

Aqualad couldn't reach Robin or Kid Flash through the communicators. We were hidden up in the rafters, waiting for Miss M to tell us the buyer. Aqualad told us it was Sportsmaster, and then Bane jumped down, knocking out two guards. A monster jumped through the window, making the rest of us fall to the ground.

Guards started shooting at us, all of us trying to take them out somehow. The other two met up with us, helping us fight off the armed men.

"Everyone online?" Miss M asks in my head.

"Yeah," Superboy says.

"You know it, beautiful," Kid Flash says.

"Well this is new," Amber says.

"We need to regroup," Aqualad says.

"Busy now," Robin says.

"Robin, now!" Aqualad orders. "We need to retreat"

"I got it," Amber tells him.

She stepped out from behind the beam that was acting as a shield and create a wall of fire in front of the men shooting at us. She made the wall move towards them, causing them to run away before they would get burned.

We ran back to the passage way we took to get there, running down the hallway, men still shooting at us. Superboy knocked down a support beam, blocking off the way.

"How could my first mission as leader go so wrong?" Robin asks.

"You do have the most experience. But perhaps that is exactly what has left you unprepared. Fighting alongside Batman, your roles are defined. You two do not need to talk. But this team is new. And a leader must be clear, explicit. He cannot vanish and expect others to play parts in an unknown plan," Aqualad explains.

"Oh, so I'm supposed to hold everyone's hands," Robin says, scoffing. "Oh, who am I kidding? You should lead us, Kaldur. You're the only one who can"

"Please! I can run circles-"

"Wally, now is not the time," I say.

"You know he's the one. We all do. Even Snow and Amber think so, right?" Robin asks. We both nod.

"Hello, Megan. It's so obvious," Miss M says.

"Could have told you," Superboy states.

"Okay," Kid Flash says finally.

"Then I accept the burden," Aqualad says to Robin. "Until you are ready to lift it from my shoulders. You were born to lead this team, maybe not now, but soon"

"There won't be a time where he hasn't led this team," Amber says.

"Alright," Aqualad starts. "Our main priority is preventing that shipment from leaving this island"

"Funny, I had the same thought," Robin says.