Desert

Bialya
September 4

I woke up next to some weird device, in the middle of the desert. There was no one around. Not my sister, not Ivy or Harley, I was all alone. That was until a bunch of guards came out of the sand, speaking some weird language.

"Looks like I get to fight," I mumble.

I took each of them down, freezing some of them in ice, just using my fighting ability for the rest. When they were all done Robin jumped out of nowhere, frightening me. He threw something at me. It tangled around me, bounding my arms to my waist. I froze it and moved my arms, making it break. More guards showed up, shooting at us.

"Right now, we fight on the same side," I tell him.

He nods and we both start fighting, but there were too many. A fast figure rushed in and stole the guns from the men, making it easier for us to take them all out. Then a green skinned girl showed up, using telekinesis to take some out. Another girl with a bow and arrow shot the last one.

"K.F! Man, it's good to see a familiar face," Robin says happily to Kid Flash. "Well, other than Snow"

"Hey, Rob. Memory loss?" Kid Flash asks.

"6 months. Let's hogtie these creeps and compare notes"

"Where's my sister?" I demand.

"She was with us, but she ran off somewhere," Kid Flash tells me.

"I'm here," Amber says, showing up on top of a sand dune. "There were more guards in the distance but they're gone now"

"Amber, why are we here?" I whisper, joining her on the dune.

"I don't know, our best bet is sticking with them, no matter how much I hate that," she whispers back.

Megan, Martian Manhunter's niece, the green skinned girl, started explaining how we all knew each other and we were friends. The girl was Artemis, niece of Green Arrow.

"So we're a team?" Robin asks.

"The six of us and Superboy," Megan tells us.

"Since when were we on the good side?" I ask, looking at Robin. "Last I remember I was fighting against him"

"Yeah, we're definitely missing something," Robin says, pulling out a piece of fabric. "This must be Superboy's"

"Yes! Did you see him?"

"I think we did," Artemis says.

"Feral boy?" Kid Flash asks. "Some teammate. He attacked us"

"He didn't know who we are, I don't know who we are"

"I remember Batman ordering radio silence," Robin says. "Our team must work for him"

Amber scoffs. "I do not work for Batman, I would never"

"How do you know we don't work for my mentor?" Kid Flash asks, accidentally pressing a button on his chest, making his black outfit turn back to its normal yellow. "Whoa. This is so cool!"

He kept pressing it, amazed by the simple change of colour. Amber grabs his hand when his outfit was black. "Stop it, your brightly coloured outfit is going to give away our location"

"We look ridiculous," Artemis says, then scoffs. "We need our memories back"

When I blink me and the others, minus Megan, are in some weird room with glass shards with videos floating around us.

"I've brought you into my mind to share what I've remember so far. But I need your help. Together, our broken memories can form a whole," she appeared in front of us. "If you open your mind's to mine"

"You want to paw through our private thoughts?" Artemis asks.

"I have no wish to intrude, but-"

"We need to hack our minds to grok what happened to us. Got it. Go," Robin says.

"My brain's all yours. Try not to let its brilliance overwhelm you," Kid Flash says.

"Or underwhelm you," Robin says. "Hey, why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"

"Because it isn't a word," I say. "But I'm fine with it"

"Last six months, only what you need," Artemis says.

We all look at Amber, waiting for her to respond. She sighs. "Do you really need to do this?"

"C'mon sis, don't you want to remember? Maybe for once we've done good"

Kid Flash grabs her hand, maybe thinking it would encourage her that it will be alright and she should agree, but she pulled her hand away.

"Fine"

Once we opened our eyes, with all our memories returned, everyone said the same thing, we'll everyone except Amber who was feeling a mix of emotions.

"Aqualad!"

"Where is he? What happened next?" Robin questions.

"I don't know! That's the last thing I-we remember," Megan tells us.

"That must've been when we lost our memories," I say. "Something happened and we all got separated"

Kid Flash grabs Amber's hand, but she doesn't wrench hers away this time. She let him hold her hand, she even grabbed onto his hand.