Red

Mount Justice
September 22

"You're still thinking about what happened in Bialya, aren't you?" I ask Amber.

"I am. I just can't think properly about it. It's too much. When it was happening it was fine, but right now, how it's all at once, I can't process it"

"Maybe you just need to get used to being here, around them. We're all here to help you if you need it"

Two red robots similar to Red Tornado came into my room, throwing fire at each of us. I got hit but Amber managed to pull through with every hit she took. Since the fire wasn't working on her the robot decided to punch her straight in the face, knocking her out. They put her in a glass case which they filled with fire and carried her out, dragging me behind them.

"Amber? Amber!" Wally was shouting when he saw me and my sister being brought into the room.

"That's not going to work. She's encased in fire. Although it won't kill her her body is asleep, to keep her alive, to sustain her consciousness"

The Red Tornado wannabes threw me in a cage that was made of fire. I was in there with Kaldur and an unconscious Megan. Both of them couldn't handle the heat, so they were weak. I on the other hand just had no powers because of the heat cancelling them out. A while passed before someone spoke again.

"Duck!" Wally shouts at Artemis and Robin who surfaced on the water.

They dodged all the fire that was being aimed at them, trying to stay alive as the water in the room started to rise to dangerous levels.

"Forget us, help M'gann!" Conner, the name Superboy was given, shouts.

"Aqualad, is she...?" Artemis shouts up at us.

"I fear she... we cannot survive much longer," Kaldur answers.

Artemis and Robin both escaped, the countdown of the time until our deaths. My head started to hurt, and my eyesight started to waver. The heat wasn't good for my powers and it was definitely not good for any normal human being.

"Hey! Red tomato! Who's your girlfriend, Red Onion?" Wally shouts up at the robots.

"Yeah, and by the way, worst death trap ever," Conner adds. "We can escape any time we want"

"I can vibrate my molecules out of here before your binary brains can count to two"

"And you can't drown a Kryptonian, dumbbots. We don't breathe air"

"Hahaha! And Miss Martian? I can't believe you're buying her act!"

"Yeah. You know how hot it gets in the caves of Mars? That cage is just making her homesick. Duh!"

"Robin look out!" Artemis yelled.

I looked up, not noticing that they were in the room. I knew something was up because of all the talking Wally and Conner were doing, it was obviously a distraction for someone.

One of the robots made the water float upwards, almost in a tube, carrying Robin inside of it. He wasn't moving. I was watching him drown. Kaldur passed out, no longer able to handle the heat. The robot put Robin down on the ground so he was no longer in the water but I could tell he wasn't breathing.

"Robin!" I gasp, standing up and getting dangerously close to the fire.

"One minute," the robot said, continuing the countdown.

The elevator beeped and Artemis stepped out of it. "I surrender. Stop the clock"

She walked closer but instead of handing her bow to the robots she jumped, dodging their fire while shooting her last arrow. A wave went out, disengaging the robots. They both fell and the cage around us vanished.

I ran over to Robin while Artemis checked on Kaldur and Megan. I put an ear next to his mouth but heard no breathing. I started CPR, focusing on the fact that I was trying to save him and not that I was practically kissing him. I paused and he coughed up some water and I sighed in relief.

"Kaldur, how's M'gann?" Conner asks.

"She breathes," Kaldur tells him. "What of Robin?"

"He's alive," I tell him.

Artemis sighs in relief and they all go down to check on Conner and Wally while I went over to my sister. I opened the case. The fire was no longer there but she was still unconscious.

"How's Amber?" Wally shouts.

"She's breathing, but she's not awake. She should be fine"

I went down to join them and Red Tornado showed up. He stopped next to the team.

"What has occurred?" He asks.

"Had a little visit from your family," Robin says.

"You're extremely nasty family," Artemis adds.

"I was not aware I had relations"

"Where have you been?" Conner asks.

"Monitor duty on the watch tower. When it became clear cave communications were down I attempted to investigate but your zeta tubes were also nonfunctional," Red Tornado says, going over to the deactivated robots. "I transported to Providence and proceeded here"

The giant sphere removed itself from the wall where it had been wedged in, going over to Conner.

"The pulses worn off," Wally and Robin say together.

Red Tornado touched one of the robots, then started sucking all of the air out of the room. We all started gasping, trying to catch our breaths, but we all passed out.

"Snow, Snow wake up," someone told me.

I groaned and open my eyes, seeing Robin above me. When I looked around I saw that the whole League was there too.

"What happened?" Superman asked.

"What happened? The Reds happened. Where are they?" Artemis asks.

"Gone. All three of them," Robin says. "Gone"