Fog

Mount Justice
August 8

"Hello Megan, we should hit the beach everyday," Megan says happily.

We were all on the beach, having a break from all the normal hero stuff. Each of us were wearing our bathing suits, me with a tank top dress on top because I didn't like being exposed to the sun too much. Robin had sunglasses in place of his normal mask.

"First, a moment of silence for our absent comrade," Robin says, lowering his head.

"Poor Wally," Megan says, lowering her head as well.

Amber only laughed loudly, racing past us to the water. "Who cares about him?"

They all followed her into the water, splashing each other. Then when they were all done playing in the water they came to the beach and had some hotdogs.

"Hey Snow, wanna play a game of volleyball with us?" Amber asks me, tossing a volleyball up and down in her hand.

"Sure"

We had a game of volleyball, the girls on one side and boys on the other. The girls won. As we celebrated someone picked me up, tossing me into the water. I surfaced, spitting out the water that got in my mouth, and glare at them. They were all laughing.

"Lighten up Snow, it's only water," Robin says in between laughs.

I walk back to the beach, removing my now wet dress to let it dry. Amber snickered and shoved Robin when she saw him staring at me, turning to the others and walking past them without a word.

"Amber and I need to go now, have fun with the rest of your day," I say, following Amber towards the entrance of the cave.

I followed after her quickly. We went into the cave and saw Batman, Red Tornado, Green Arrow and a new blonde girl in a green suit with a bow in her hand.

"Amber, Snow, this is Artemis, your new teammate," Green Arrow introduces.

"Aren't they villains?" Artemis asks him.

"Sort of. She never really was a villain, I on the other hand, yes"

"Amber, you are apart of the team now, you are not a villain," Batman says.

Artemis shrugs. "Well if Batman says you're cool, you're cool"

Amber smiles. "Thanks"

"Batman, what did you need to talk to us about?" I ask.

"School. Follow me"

We followed him into a zeta tube that took us the the Hall of Justice. Amber and I sat on the couch while Batman typed in some things on the computer.

"You two will be going to separate schools"

"Why can't we go to the same school?" I ask.

"Snow, you have been accepted into Gotham academy, a very prestigious school. There you won't be able to get into trouble"

"Are you saying I'm not smart enough to get into that school?" Amber asks, crossing her arms.

Batman turns around. "Amber, you will go to the school in Happy Harbour with Megan and Conner. You're still unpredictable, meaning I don't need you straying too far away from he team or the Cave"

"But why do I have to go to Gotham?" I ask.

"Someone will be there to keep an eye on you, but since you're younger you will have better chances for your future in going there"

"So, again, I'm not smart enough to go there is what you're saying," Amber says.

Batman sighs. "No, if you wanted you could go to university already. Amber, you're bright, but you need to finish high school first and this is the best option for the both of you"

"Alright"

"You'll pick your classes," he tells us, turning back to the computer. "Then when you're done you can come back to the cave"

Amber and I took turns picking the courses we wanted for school and then went back to the cave. We were filled in on what we missed, Speedy - who know goes by Red Arrow - had come by to give the team a mission, and we were headed to the school Amber would be attending. We had to keep some scientist there safe from the Shadow League.

Happy Harbour
August 8

"Everyone online?" Miss M asks.

"Ohh, this is weird," Artemis said.

"And distracting," the scientist, Dr. Roquette, said. "Coding a distributive algorithm virus on a kiddie computer with less ram than a wristwatch is hard enough. Now I have to hear teen think in my skull?"

"Lady, do you always complain when someone tries to help you?" Kid Flash asks, eating an energy bar.

"Pot, kettle. Have you met?" Artemis asks.

Amber laughs at her comment.

"Hey, Hey, I do not need attitude from the newbie who drove Red Arrow off the team," Kid Flash says angrily.

Artemis jumps off the table she was sitting on, pointing at him. "That is so not on me"

"Fate of the world at stake?" Roquette asks angrily.

"She started it," Kid Flash says.

"And you continued it," Amber tells him.

"How 'bout I just help Miss Martian and Superboy patrol the perimeter?" She suggests, walking towards the door.

"Good idea," Aqualad says.

"You could cut her some slack you know," Robin says.

"I couldn't get the Justice League," Roquette says.

"The virus won't be of much use if we cannot find the weapon," Aqualad says. "Can you track it?"

"My utility fog is not a weapon. It's science, brilliant science. And of course I can track it. But I'd have to go online. Might as well rent a billboard with this address and 'assassinate me' written in neon"

"We will protect you," Aqualad assures her.

She presses a button. "Tracking the fog now"

"Miss Martian, Dr. Roquette has located the fog. Reconfigure the bioship so that Robin, Snow and Superboy can pursue," Aqualad says.