Team Mission 3

We all started running towards the exit of the tunnel, Robin with his screen in front of his face as he tried to figure out some things.

"Sportsmaster's the supplier/buyer. But it still doesn't track. He doesn't have the juice to acquire the blockbuster formula or to get Kobra to do his dirty work," Robin explains.

"And neither of them have the chops to bond blockbuster with venom. That took some major nerdage," Kid Flash adds.

"I believe the expression is 'tip of the iceberg'" Aqualad says.

Bane was standing in front of the entrance of the tunnel we were in, his muscles bigger than normal because of some sort of serum he used.

"I told you we couldn't trust him," Amber says, sounding like she was proving a point.

"Halt, ninos. I'm feeling explosive," he says, a trigger in his hand.

We all looked up, seeing bombs attached to a support beam above our heads. They were beeping, alerting us that they were working.

"You betrayed us, why?" Aqualad asks.

"I was told I'd get paid handsomely if I return those two to their makers," he starts explaining looking at me and my sister. "And I want my factory back"

"Kid, you'll need a running start," Aqualad says while Bane was still explaining.

"So I forced you into a situation where you would either take down my enemies or die trying. If the latter, the Justice League would certainly have come to avenge their sidekicks. And when the smoke cleared Santa Prisca would be mine once more. Blowing the tunnel with you inside should have the same effect"

His thumb lowered to the button but Kid Flash ran before Bane could even notice he was missing, stealing the button from his hand.

"With what?" Kid Flash asks. "This trigger thingy?"

Bane went to punch him but Miss M made him float above the ground.

"Finally. Drop him," Superboy says.

She drops him and when he starts to fall Superboy punched him right in the chest, making him go flying once again. We ran to the factory, where a helicopter was getting ready to take off, and started going through with the plan to stop them from getting away with the new serum.

Sportsmaster got into the helicopter and it took off. But Miss M pressed the trigger for a bomb, a bomb she had planted in the back of the helicopter. It crashed into the factory, blowing up on impact. Eventually it was only Kobra left against the team.

"Another time, then," he said, backing away into the darkness.

Robin tried to chase after him but he had just vanished. The area was finally silent, just the crackling of the flames in the factory in the background.

"We picked the right guy to lead. Automatically making you the right guy to explain this mess to Batman," Robin says, ending with a laugh.

Mount Justice
August 1

"A simple recon mission, observe and report. You'll each receive a written evaluation detailing your many mistakes" Batman scolded the team, each of them standing in a line. "Until then, good job. No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. How you adjust to the unforeseen is what determines success. And how you choose who leads determines character"

"Mhmm, anyway we'll be in our rooms," I say, going to drag Amber away.

"I want to talk with you two later. Meet me here, in the mission room in 5 minutes," Batman tells us.

We both nodded and I continued to drag her away. I brought her to my room and shut the door behind me, looking at her with a worried and scared look in my eyes.

"What do we do?" I asked her.

"We don't do anything about it yet. They aren't questioning us, so we leave it that way"

I went over and sat beside her on my bed. "They're going to figure out eventually. I'm pretty sure Batman already knows"

"Yes, but ultimately it's our decision on when we tell them, if we ever end up telling them the truth"

Someone knocked on the door and Robin stuck his head in. "Batman wants to talk with you now"

I sigh and Amber follows me out of my room. We stood in the mission room, side by side, Batman across from us.

"What?" Amber asks.

"Someone's looking for you, someone bad. Bane won't give up the name. Do you know who he is talking about?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Let her go, she doesn't know much about this. I'd prefer if she never learned it either," Amber tells him.

"Excuse me?" I ask. "I want to hear this too. We had the same life-"

"But you never had to learn, remember, the tough details"

"Like what? Them barely feeding us? All the hours of training?" I question.

"There was more to it than that, secrets that you should never know. If I told you you would immediately wish I hadn't. Go to your room"

I open my mouth but Batman repeats her command. "Go to your room"

I glare at her then stomps off, my hands in tight fists. I hated it when she didn't tell me stuff, especially since we told each other everything.

"What's got you looking so disconcerted?" Robin asks me.

"My sister won't tell me something very important, and that never happens"

"She probably has a good reason for it," he says, trying to be the voice of reason.

"There is never a good reason for anything she says or does. It's only always something that involves a gain for herself"

I went into my room, a hand on the door, ready to close it and have some time alone. Robin stood on the other side, arms crossed.

"I think you're just being harsh, maybe she's trying to protect you"

I scoff, slamming the door in his face. "I doubt that"