13. The Tree

Kate's pov
I wake up in a spare room at my grandparents house and stare at a painting that sits on the wall across from me. It's a painting of a tree, I know this used to be Anna's room when she was little and says it still looks the same, I'm going to ask Anna about it.

I hope out of the single bed and go out to see Brittany and Janice making coffee and talking about stuff.
Kate- morning
Britt- morning Kate
Janice- tradition says that today we go out in the snow and muck around, since it's Christmas Eve and all
Kate- ooo yay!
Britt- sounds great Janice

Anna's pov
I miss waking up here, in Portland, when it's snowing and the family has all come together. I slowly get out of bed and stumble to the kitchen desperately needing a coffee.
Britt- morning baby, here's your coffee
Anna- thanks babe
Kate- hey Anna, can I ask you something??
Anna- yeah sure, what is it?
Kate- well, there's a painting in your old room of a tree why would you put that in there?
Anna- oh, um, well, that tree was a big part of my childhood when I wasn't going to New York for auditions I would just sit in that tree and watch the view. I never wanted to come down. Until... they cut it down, I was so devastated that I had to get a different way to school. My brother painted a picture of it for me so I can remember how much joy it gave me.
Kate- that's a lovely story, except for the cutting down but I'm glad you told me
Anna- awh kate your so sweet

Janice- let's go get ready for the snow!
Kate- I'm going in the shower first!
Anna- second!
Britt- third!
Janice- (laughing) oh you girls make me laugh

I've got some ideas of what can happen next
-K