25. You're Awake!!

(Kate's pov)
The final bell rings and I roll out of class as fast as I can, not caring if the teacher lets us go. I need to see my mum and if I get a detention then fuck them.

I meet Paige at my locker and we make our way to the hospital. The hospital is about a 5 minute walk from the school so it's easy to get to.
"How do you think mum will be?" Paige asks playing with her fingers nervously.
"I hope she's okay, before coming here, to L.A i had a good life but it just wasn't right. I needed to be with my birth mum. Growing up I thought my birth mum would of been some kind of monster for leaving me in Australia but now I truly understand why Mum left me and I love her so much. If she doesn't wake up it will feel like half of me is gone." I start to cry as a tear escapes my eye.
"Yeah I get what you mean, even though Mum and Mumma aren't my real parents I still feel like I'm supposed to be living with them. My birth parents where horrible homophobic people and they don't deserve anything. Mum has made my life so much better I couldn't loose her." Paige says as she starts to sob
"We better take a few deep breaths before we walk in hey?" I ask
"No it's ok I'm ready"

We walk in down to mums room, we know exactly where it is since we've been coming here for a week straight.
"Hey mumma" I whisper
"Oh hi girls" mumma says jumping at the sight of Paige and I.
"How was your day?" Mumma asks
"Good, we had this horrible substitute." I say
"Oh that's the worst!" Mumma says

We go quiet for a few seconds staring around the room until we hear a voice.
"Britt?" A whisper says.
All our eyes turn to Mum expecting her to say something else.
I see one eye flutter open then the other.
"Kate, Paige?" Mum asks
"Anna you're awake!" Britt yells!

End of the book pitchers!!
Comment what my next book should be xx 💋
Also thank you so much for over 1k reads!!!