A Cartina Comes Home

Authors Note: This is a Continuation of the Thanksgiving Special in Olly&O.J spinoff. Also, check out my "News" book to vote for a any of those books to be my next book. Thanks and much love.

Deejay and Rico Thanksgiving at their house where O.J makes his debut back into the family and things dont go over so well and it will end with a shocking plot twist that will rock the entire fandom to its core.

Deejay...

"Here—." Rico stated as I sat up in the bed. I reached across and grabbed the bottle of water. I sipped it and threw the pills into my mouth. I had a raging headache. I shook my head and leaned back on the headboard. I went to grab my laptop from my desk and Rico slapped my hand.

"He said no work. Julio will handle all that shit. You need rest." Rico told me as I took a deep breath. I rolled my eyes and replied, "Listen im fine....the tumor was removed from my head. I already wearing these ugly ass turbans things on my head. Its fine."

"Fine? Deej you fainted on a damn plane." He argued. He had a point. On the flight to meet Julio after I left Chicago I fainted. Rico was contacted being he runs Cartina Airlines. I wake up back in New York and being told I had a tumor on my brain. I dont know how the fuck it was missed. Being I get checked up every 6 months. After my grandmother and mother died from that I dont play at all..and after Rico cancer scare all those years back we taken all precautions.

"You are 9 days out of surgery. Now its been easy hiding this from the kids and the rest of the family being none of them are here—but they all will be arriving within a few days and then what...I think we should tell them." Rico told me. I grabbed his hand and held it tight.

"Its nothing to tell. It was removed. Im fine. Plus, Olly txted me he isnt coming anymore some surgery that he cant get out of. Only O.J and Teddy. Dream is flying from Spain. EVEN Carlee. This the most we have all been back. Im going to rest up for these next few days, but Thanksgiving will be Thanksgiving now stop worrying—." I rubbed his face and smirked.

"I aint going anywhere, anytime soon. Trust that." I told him as I smiled. He laid down on my thigh and we kept on watching Chicago Med. One of my favorite series growing up. Season 7 is deliveringg, okay. I rewatch this shit so much it should be a crime. I rubbed Rico head and within no time we was both knocked the fuck out. In the middle of the night I heard my phone buzzing. I opened my eyes and seen it ringing from the nightstand. I leaned over and grabbed it. It was D.

"D? Its 3:56 in the damn morning what is wrong?" I asked.

"I need you, Dad. I am down at Loso's." He told me and was panting. He havent had an episode in a few years. He has his own apartment close to the bar and runs it nicely. I had to let him grow up and its been a tough 9 years without being at his side everymorning and night. But like he told me...he is a grown ass 21 year old man now. He doesnt need me all the time. I had to let him leave the nest. I tapped Rico and that nigga literally rolled over. I chuckled and slid out the bed. I grabbed the car keys and slid on my Fendi Slippers. I went into the bathroom and made sure that my turban was tied nicely and that air couldnt hit the wound.

I pulled into Loso's. Renaming the bar was Mickeys decision he wanted it to be named after the man who brought it to life. I walked around the back and opened the door. I walked in and called out for him.

"D?" I asked. I walked around and seen him behind the bar..knees in chest. I slowly made my way over to him and sat down next to him.

"Have you been taking your meds?" I asked.

"Dad, It isnt about that. I need you for support." He told me.

"Support with what, exactly?" I asked. He went into his jacket pocket and pulled out a little black box.  I gasped and asked, "Are you going to propose to Viv?" Vivian is a kind soul. She worked at the community college he attended. They hit it off and she actually turned this place more casual. They broke up like a year ago after she caught him cheating on her with Mario. He isnt gay, he isnt bi, he falls in love with personality. Thats the way he told us when he asked that boy to Prom his 12th grade year. I would have accepted all my children for who they wanted to love...period.